Ratings for Dr. Michael H. Rathjens

Dr. Rathgens is knowledgeable but not very warm. While I love a straight forward, direct therapist, when you are sharing your life's most intimate details you want to feel safe and protected. I find him very knowledgeable but almost cold in his engagement which is unfortunate as he has the tools to help, it just feels uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Our son was very nervous about coming for counseling because he was worried the counselor would not understand. I am pleased to say he immediately felt comfortable with Dr. Rathjens and felt as though he could share his sensitive concerns. Since then we as parents have learned some important tools and our son is having his best year yet in high school. We are so grateful!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

Dr. Rathjens is remarkably insightful and has been able to guide me through some very difficult and complex issues. I know I am well-supported supported by him and feel that he understands the best way to offer me advice and suggestions. I have recommended him to several of my friends and will continue to do so. When I have a crisis and feel the need to see him before my scheduled appointment, he makes every effort to fit me into his schedule. One could not ask for a more empathetic mental health professional.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Rathjens for two years now and know that I will never go to anyone else. I suffer from Major Depression Disorder and have gone to several seeking help. Dr. Rathjens has been there for me every step of the way. His guidance, his knowledge, his professionalism, and his caring has been beyond exceptional. I will never go to anybody else. Dr. Rathjens will help you through the darkest of times. He's the best.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Dr. Rathjens is an amazing Psychologist! He truly saved my life. I have come so far and I owe it all to him. I would recommend Dr. Rathjens to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

I have seen numerous phychologists over the last 30 years and have been a patient of Dr. Rathjens for 5 years. He is the best psychologist I have seen. He is professional, perceptive and genuinely cares about his patients. He has helped me through some very difficult times and goes out of his way to make himself available whenever necessary. I would highly recommend Dr. Rathjens to anyone in need of a great psychologist!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I would never recommend Dr. Rathjens to anyone I love and am sorry that I entrusted him in the care of my relationship as a resultof his "treatment". Thankfully we sought help elsewhere and saved out marriage. Dr Rathjens may have been a good doctor at one time but it is my opinion that he needs to retire before he causes more distress to anyone else's relationship.

Submitted September 1, 2014