Ratings for Dr. Matthew M. Akers

Thank goodness I got a second opinion. Please go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

Staff was incredibly rude- Would not work with me to change an appointment for my son. Told me I would have to pay $250.00 to cancel an appt. I had for 2 days because I was not giving 2 weeks notice. How can you give 2 weeks notice when the appt. was made 4 days from the date?

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Dr. Akers was awesome! I was very pleased! I had a breast reduction and he was highly recommended to me. I would also highly recommend him. He had great skills and was very nice and attentive. The entire staff was very helpful.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

I had a 30% tca peel. What a huge mistake. I now have been diagnosed with rosacea, adult acne, my face has a shinny burned looking scar under my eye, i have rolling scars all over, and my blackheads are back (one of the reasons i had it done). When i would go back for my check ups, he'd perscribe a cream, snicker it off, tell me i may have had a hint of rosacea before the tca peel WHICH I DIDN'T! He'd tell me that wasn't a scar, it is A- Symetry, funny i didn't have it before. It's been 11 months. Alls i can do is cry all the time. I hate going out in public. I could put on my make up and turn heads anywhere i went, now i'm embarrased because of the rolling scars, shinny flat scar, the redness of my face, the over all damage he did to my face. I spent over a 1,000.00 for this and am still shelling out money for this. People can't beleive what ge charged and then did to me. Absolutely PISSED! I look at pictures before he screwed up my face and just cry. I wish i would have never done it

flag | Submitted March 17, 2012

he is a great md he hnows everything about his job and didnt leave any marks on me hes my uncle i love u s much i could **** my self :)

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

I can't say enough about Dr.Akers.I had a rupture in one of the implants from a breast aug. I went to Dr. Mathieson to correct it, he disfigured me badly and I was treated with disrespect by him. I finally after going through everything I did with Dr. Mathieson, went to Akers, OMGosh, I can't believe what difference he made. I'm still somewhat disfigured but the HUGE difference Akers made was enough to get me back to a point I'm not embarrassed and disgusted with myself so much.I was overwhelmed with emotions.I just wish I would of made the great decision to go to Dr.Akers in the first place, instead of the Horriffic one in going to Mathieson. If Akers can do what he did to fix what Mathieson did to me, I know I wouldn't of had to go through the horrifing experience I had to go through by not going to Akers in the first place, it was bad. Don't make the same mistake, Go to Akers! He's GREAT!and PROFESSIONAL!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

This office was wonderful about letting us make monthly payments and always very helpful to us!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

Dealing with breast cancer is always stressful, but working with Dr. Akers on my reconstruction helped alleviate some of my anxiety. His bedside manner is warm and personable and his staff was great as well. I felt like I belonged there. After moving out of state, I had an implant rupture and returned to Dr. Akers for replacement. He worked out a date that fit my schedule for travel. How many doctors would do that?

flag | Submitted August 15, 2009

Excellent beside manner:) GREAT reconstruction surgeon, have had comments like "best I have ever seen made to me by other doctors". Takes time to explain and answer all questions I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2008

I've never felt better about myself---he did a great job with my breasts and his bedside manner is great.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2007

Dr. Matthew M. Akers's Credentials

• Wright State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Commercial Insurance Company