Ratings for Dr. Timothy A. Liette

I've been a member at Costco for many years. I've seen Dr. Liette annually for my contacts and he has seen my whole family. Dr. Liette takes wonderful care and time to answer any questions we have ever had, even when I just stopped in while shopping. I've seen first hand his care and knowledge with my children and myself. He explains the whole exam as he is performing it. I have never had a Dr. do that before. I myself do NOT wear Acuvue brand contacts, so I question a previous post I read on here as being truthful. I will continue with Dr. Liette for as long as he is practicing

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

TERRIBLE...COSTCO DESERVES BETTER OPTOMETRISTS! Dr. Liette did not get my contact prescription right...I could only see clearly with the left contact, as the right did not help. Obviously he corrected himself, but this is unacceptable to go to Costco so many times to get the right contact prescription. He prescribes only Acuvue which is expensive and no other brand. Plus he never gave me any advice for maintaining the contacts. Receptionist was rude. I compained to Costco management and I will go to Costco Mason next time. Costco is known for wonderful optometry service, but Dr. Liette is clearly not an example!

Submitted August 19, 2014

The prescription Dr. Liette gave me was way off - I could see way better with my 5-year old glasses. Anyone can make a mistake. However, rather than immediately saying "oh let's get you back in and re-check" he started making excuses - maybe it's my cataracts (which are level 1 out of 5); maybe I answered his questions wrong! Ridiculous! When I argued with him (and I admit I used the word "crap" in describing his excuses), he got furious, got right in my face arguing. Refused to give me a refund. He would have re-examined me but by then I did not trust him at all (especially since he was so determined not to admit he had made a mistake). Went elsewhere and the revised prescription was in accord with past prescriptions which have worked fine!

Submitted May 19, 2014

He was amazing with my son. He worked with Children's in pushing for a diagnosis even when children's couldn't find the problem. Turns out Dr. Liette was correct. He made follow up calls, just to make sure we were okay. I will stick with him even if the stop carrying my insurance.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012