Ratings for Dr. Donald J. SIEGEL

Due to a complicated and severe eye history that requires a custom fitting contact lens, I was referred to Dr. Siegel by my ophthalmologist. I am monocular sighted with kerotoconus and a pinguecula that complicates my being fitted with a contact lens. Dr. Siegel conducted extensive research to find a contact lens lab to custom make a scleral lens to his specifications. His persistence, knowledge and devotion to patient care is outstanding. The accurate fitting of the contact lens has resulted in increased wearing time, less discomfort, and a more stable eye condition. Dr. Siegel spent a lot of time working with me. He explained the benefits and complications that would result if I did not have a close to perfect contact lens in my eye. I appreciate and thank Dr. Siegel for his special attention to my complicated and severe eye condition. As a rehabilitation specialist in private practice, I will refer patients to Dr. Siegel knowing that they will receive a thorough eye evaluation and the very best eye care.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Dr. Siegel gave me a lot of information which I appreciate. The Dr. was helpful and considerate as was the whole staff. Very satisfied with the service I was given.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Poor communication with patient. Charged me for a diagnosis he did not share with me, which I only found out because of higher charges by my insurance company. Dr. Siegel was unprofessional on the phone when I tried to get more information.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2012

Dr. Donald J. SIEGEL

Dr. Donald J. SIEGEL's response
We accept the insurance co-pay only for all office visits which we are required to do by contract and accept what the insurance pays as payment in full, so it is not clear why this patient felt she was charged a higher fee than she should have paid. Our most common compliment in reviews is how clearly their eye findings are communicated, so it’s difficult to know what happened in this case, but we do carefully review the exam findings at the end of every exam.

Submitted December 1, 2014

Dr Siegel is extremely knowledgeable and thorough. I am so glad I researched and found such a great Optometrist. He does the exams himself and has very up to date equipment. He works with all ages of patients to be the best in his field. I am a practicing R.N. & always research my Doctors.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2012

I would like to give this doctor five stars, but unfortunately I never got the chance to meet him. The day before my appointment, his receptionist called to say they were no longer accepting my insurance, even though they were still listed as doing so. Dr. Siegel maybe a good doctor, but he still needs to run his office better.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

I had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Siegel for the first time. I have never had such a thorough eye exam as I did today. I am now a patient for life.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

I was extremely pleased with Dr. Siegel and his staff. He works with his patients one on one and doesn't use a technician. I was recently diagnosed with glaucoma and he took the fear out of me by explaining the treatment and care plan that would follow. He made me feel very at ease and that I could call at any time if I had any questions. From the time I was greeted at the front door to the time I left I knew I made the right choice.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

Dr. Donald J. SIEGEL's Credentials

• UC Berkeley (Grad. 1990)

GHI