Ratings for Dr. George Lewinnek

This man should not be allowed near patients. Nevermind, performing surgical procedures on an individuals spine. This man was extremely rude, judgemental, & degrading. He spent most of the visit looking at my films, yet he couldnt provide me any information about them. When i inquired about what i should do in regards to pain, his reply was to "deal w/ it". I asked about a brace, which was recommended by another dr. I was told i was too fat, brace would be useless. This man got up & walked out of room in the middle of my visit. He was incapable of providing me w/ any insight to my diagnosis. I left this visit perplexed & mortified. Its time for this man to retire before he causes great harm to someone.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

He is insulting, unprofessional and has NO bedside manner. Should not be practicing medicine of any sort. Wouldn't let him perform surgery on me if my life depended on it!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Excellent doctor very informed great bed side manner.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

Dr Lewinnek was professional and extremely informative. There were waits along the way but I wouldn't want to see a Dr. who wasn't busy. He also spent a great deal of time informing me of exactly what my spine problem was including going over my MRI on his computer with me. He has refered me in the direction I need and I have utmost confidence in his experience and advice.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

2 appointments 15 minute wait minimum both visits.Constant interruptions 1st visit.Despite serious medical condition patient reported Dr. downplayed the facts of diagnostic tests done & presented.His Pressured speech,with lack of a completed sentence, poorly articulated, indicates lack of language command skills.Spent whole time reviewing films making notations. Report was already done transcribed by radiologists and results known.Despite report indicating root issue of medical problem on the film he would not elaborate.Recommend ? No find alternative.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

Does not articulate well. Poor communication. High handed approach did not answer pertinent questions about medical condition.Lacks social skills could not maintain intelligent conversation he initiated.Needs retraining as I believe he is not on the edge cutting technology. At 71 years old he should retire. State run health care does not pay as well as private practice. So he has a title Assistant Professor.I would definately not recommend him to anyone. I will seek a 2nd opinion many interruptions during myvisit

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

Dr. George Lewinnek's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1967)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal