Ratings for Dr. Ashley L. Hineman

Very happy we found this doctor! Would recommend to others.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

I have been taking my children to Valley of the Sun Pediatrics for a very long time and very honestly have been very pleased with their services until now. My children are in a divorced family and at times there can be disagreements regarding the care of our children. I phoned the office regarding my oldest daughter getting her vaccinations updated and their father was taking them in to get them done. I asked that they note in their files that I do not want her or my youngest daughter to get an HPV shot. They were very nice about it and said they would note it on the file. I followed up my request with an email and felt good about my conversations with them. I received a call on 10/27/15 telling me that they could not stop the HPV shot if my ex husband wanted to get the shot for my daughter. I told them that was absolutely wrong and they need to honor my wishes and let me and their father work this out and that they do not have to provide this shot if one of us do not agree with it. They stated that they could do nothing about it and I in return stated that my reason for the email and call was due to legally covering myself and my daughters health and that if something should happen to her I would take legal action. The conversation ended on a good note, however I still did not feel like they would honor my wishes regarding this shot. The next day on 10/28 I received a call that they were canceling my daughters as patients! I was in absolute shock and greatly offended that this doctors office could be so incredibly cold and uncaring regarding our families situation. When I called I was told that I said something offensive in the phone call and that was why. I asked what was offensive about protecting my child and my parental rights and that the lady I spoke with gave me no indication that I had done or said something so wrong that they would be canceling us. Additionally, I can not believe that we are the only family in this world that has disagreements about medical care. My family deserves an apology for their actions and lack of customer service and care. They greatly misunderstood the situation and could have spent more time with myself and my ex husband and known that neither one of us had any intentions of having a legal issue, but both of us just wanted assurance that they respected each others wishes. Let us figure it out and you as our doctor refrain from the issue until we do. Unacceptable customer service.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

I love this practice! I have gone here with my girls since they were born. I think they give excellent care, doctors, nurse practitioners, and support staff. I have always been treated with care, respect, and honesty and so have my children at this practice.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Very happy with the medical care we are getting with Dr. Hineman and Valley of the Sun Pediatrics. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I am sad to have to give a poor review - the medical care is wonderful, but the billing practice is challenged. My son is special needs and I feel like Dr. Hineman has always been respectful of this situation and accommodated our needs. Yet, recently she wrote for an antibiotic that needed to be administered over 3 days and each of the follow up visits were coded as an office visit. As a result of this we were billed for each one of the office visits. The MAJOR issue I have is that we did not need office visits with providers (an MD or NP) because the administration of the medication, per literature, can be supported and monitored by a nurse. I know this because I am a nurse. I questioned this, received a phone call from the office manager, who is Dr. Hineman's father, and I feel like I am being punished because our son is special needs and requires follow up visits. The thing about it is that I am disappointed, but with business practices to get ever dime out of a patient then it is not a business I want to continue to use. I have had procedures done and because the office coded them as follow up I did not have to pay, I do not understand how this could occur, but all I know is I'm walking away from this and going to get everyone I can know about this practice of the office of Valley of the Sun Pediatrics.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Going to see them for my daughter, not only did they evesdrop on my conversation with my daughter at our door, then proceeded to send out an unauthorized urine sample to be tested when specifically directed not to. They were also told due to their lack of professionalism, we would not be coming back. The office admin was so brazen as to send a letter to me stating due to outburst on my end, we were not welcome back, yet when called, he asked who was calling for him and immediately stepped away from his desk. Like Janet and some of the desk staff, but Manjou and office admin and whoever took the authority to send out a sample without my consent should be fired or fined. Manjou had my kids in tears about their weight at last well child and I have seen a physical doctor a total of 3 times during my time there. Wont be back even with your letter Ed Matrose

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

We found Dr Hineman's office because our normal doctor was closed on Saturday and were able to be seen by Dr Mody on the weekend which was much better than our 150$ copay at the Emergency Room. We have been coming to this office ever since (over 3 years) and love it! Dr Hineman has called us on the weekend to check on how our newborn son was feeding after we had a rocky start with breast feeding. Maria one of the assistants is very good at giving the shots without a fuss. We love how we can call same day and come in same day for sick care. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Great office, friendly staff! Dr. Mody, Dr Hineman and nurse Janet have been very helpful through all of our appointments, well or sick. The triage staff is also very helpful on the phone with questions. I feel like they truly care about my family and our needs. We love the way the office is set up with separate well and sick waiting areas and it is very kid and teen friendly!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Dr. Hineman is a very patient, knowledgeable, helpful, and kind pediatrician. We love the office, having separate waiting room areas that are kid and teen friendly. The office staff are friendly. We have insurance and haven’t had any problems with insurance. The office is very busy. Sometimes we need to get in and have to wait for a few hours to be seen but I like being seen at her office instead of urgent center or ER. The last dr we saw you could walk in and get right in but I think that showed that he wasn’t good since noone was ever there.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

This practice has been my families home for almost 5 years and have been very thankful to have found Dr Hineman and this practice. She has correctly identified problems that other doctors have overlooked. I have also liked talking with her front office staff. My son feels so comfortable here as a teenager and more importantly she takes her time with each visit so you don't feel rushed. I called last weekend about a question and she called us back within 10minutes. I also have liked scheduling some sports physicals for Saturday morning so my children don't always have to miss school. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Dr. Ashley L. Hineman's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

Top Hospitals in Peoria, AZ