Ratings for Dr. Mariel Eliza

Disgusting staff and doctor. Dr eliza has absolutely no bedside manner. The staff do not know what they are doing whatsoever. Billing is an absolute nightmare. This office bills to your insurance fraudulently for procedures that were never done or close to done. I am surprised this office as well as this dr is part of the pro Heath network. They have such a great reputation however this dr is surely bringing them down. I expected a lot more from them and now o have to deal with inadequate staff, billing and doctors. They tell you one thing, and yet do another. Then you get surprise bills and threats to collections after calling 10x times for things that you were told “you didn’t have to worry about, as it would be adjusted off”. Stay away!!!!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

I am a physician. Dr Eliza did a great job with my fillers! She is truly and artist, in addition to being kind and caring. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

I do not recommend Dr. Eliza based on the front desks’ lack of knowledge of insurance and dealing with their patients, in addition to Dr. Eliza’s lack of professional courtesy. I visited Dr. Eliza’s office recently for a consultation for my newborn son. The receptionist, Michelle, appears to lack experience in dealing with insurance. For the consultation, there were several issues with my son’s visit being approved (he did not have his own ID yet, but the front desk did not seem to understand that newborns are automatically covered under the mother for the 1st 30 days). I waited in the office for approximately an hour (with a 10 day old!) before the office finally was able to resolve it. Then, on the day of the scheduled procedure, we were informed that the insurance authorization request was only submitted within the last 24 hours, and there was no record of it. I spent over an hour trying to resolve the issue with the insurance company only to find out that the information was submitted incorrectly. Although I indicated upon signing in that my son now has his own coverage, Michelle (the receptionist), never bothered to ask for the updated information, hence the confusion. Once the situation was resolved (again, an hour later), Dr. Eliza refused treatment because her “schedule was full”. I was also never given the option to sign a waiver for financial responsibility in the event that the procedure was not approved. In my opinion, Dr. Eliza’s office lacks the diligence and competence to provide quality healthcare.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Office staff is the most incompetent I have ever seen..... don't even waste your time here. Months will pass and ur case will never get anywhere. So frustrated that i Decided to no longer have surgery at all (after being sooooooo excited to have it) .... If ur paying out of pocket things may be different, but if ur surgery is going through insurance (breast reduction) save yourself months of aggravation and frustration ..... go somewhere else. Your file will be sitting on their desk (probably buried) until u just cant take it anymore and give up the battle!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Mariel Eliza's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Urgent Care Centers in New Hyde Park, NY