Dr. Evan C. Merrill

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Evan C. Merrill

I was referred to Dr. Merrill by a past patient. Rheumatoid Arthritis had deformed my left foot to the point of not being able to wear shoes comfortably, causing pain with every step, and took away from my active lifestyle. Dr. Merrill patiently explained the complicated surgery to restore my foot, answered all of my questions and concerns, and even provided the name of a former patient who shared her success story. Dr. Merrill and his great staff of nurses gave me the confidence to move forward with the complicated surgery and on January 5, 2018, every toe was moved back into position successfully. I am so thankful for Dr. Merrill’s excellent surgical skills and am so happy to be back in my regular shoes, pain free and active again. Many Happy Trails to those who choose Dr. Merrill as their foot and ankle doctor!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2018

I’ve been seeing Dr. Merrill for years. First, it was a stubborn plantar wart, later it was Plantar Fasciitis, remedied by custom orthotics. Finally, I recently saw him for constant pain in my Metatarsophalangeal joint (the joint constituting the ball of your foot… at the origin of your big toe). He examined and X-rayed it to reveal osteoarthritis (bone spurs) at that location. He said he could clean up (grind off) up the bone spurs. Dr. Merrill had been so good in the past, I allowed him to perform the arthroplasty (surgical repair) of that joint. It went smoothly as an outpatient at the nearby surgery center of which he is a partner of the large group of physician/owners. The two factors I like best about Dr. Evan Merrill are: 1) He sees you when you are scheduled. There’s no languishing in a lobby, flipping through magazines you never wanted to read. 2) He speaks to you about your condition as an adult. He communicates clearly and does not talk down to you. Sometimes he even shares some of his personal experience (like the fact that he began running marathons later in life, completing 10 of them so far). I have to drive for an hour to reach his office, but it has been totally worth it. I will continue to see Dr. Merrill for my podiatry needs and I highly recommend his entire office to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

I am very pleased with the care I receive from Dr. Merrill. I feel safe with him in protecting my old feet with diabetes.....

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

I was very impressed with the entire staff and felt very well taken care of with every visit. I am so happy with the outcome of my left foot surgery and will definatly be having my right foot fixed as soon as Im fully recovered. Dr Merrill is very caring and took the time to listen to me and answer any and all questions I had. I have already sent a friend of mine to him for feet issues and would recomend him to anybody in need of foot care. Thankyou Dr Merrill and staff

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I had the misfortune to spend almost a year with some broken toes, crutches ,walking boots, pulsed electromagnetic therapy, pins and plates and I can honestly say I was very blessed to be in the care of Dr. Merrill and his staff. I would refer everyone to him without any reservations, he is a very compassionate Physician and listens to his patient and you always feel he has your best interests and health in mind. Thank you Dr. Merrill and Eva!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

First visit with Dr. Merrill. Impressed with staff and doctor. Procedure was painless for ingrown nail. Very accommodating to my needs as a stroke survivor. I would highly recommend Dr. Merrill. Don Pettit

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

After years of wearing orthotics, my foot pain made full time work painful. Dr. Merrill patiently discussed all the options to correct my bunion. I decided on a bunionectomy with 1st metatarsal head osteotomy. I never felt that he was trying to get me to decide on surgery. But, I received a great result and was back at work in six weeks. This surgery was not as painful as I expected post op.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Dr. Merrill performed a big toe fusion on me. The outcome has been amazing. I never imagined it would go this well and I would be so pain free. I highly recommend him as a surgeon and would also like to comment on his wonderful staff. Everyone I have talked to in the office has been amazingly helpful and attentive.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Dr. Evan C. Merrill's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Merrill began his undergraduate education by studying architecture at the Montgomery College in Rockville, MD. He later moved to study at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah to finish his undergraduate work in microbiology. He then attended the California College of Podiatric Medicine where he obtained his Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine. He completed his two year residency program in San Francisco and Pheonix before starting his private practice in Pullman, Washinton. In 1999, he moved to Medford, OR where he currently practices at Southern Oregon Foot & Ankle, LLC. Dr. Merrill is a running enthusiast and uses his experience to help athletes with their foot and ankle injuries. He also loves to go fly fishing and spending time with his family.

• English

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1990)

HealthPartners