Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Evan C. Merrill

Was pleased with Dr. Merrill approach; straight and very professional approach. Didn't try to force me to expensive MRI or scans, just did it with a simple X-Ray and gave me a straight diagnosi. The suggested MLS therapy seems to have worked so far as the pain as subsided somewhat (I need to give the foot some real rest) and the stuff providing the MLS sessions was extremely helpful and supportive. I would certainly recommend Dr. Merrill and his clinic

flag | Submitted January 20, 2019

Dr. Evan C. Merrill's response
Thank you for this encouraging feedback! We appreciate it.

Submitted January 21, 2019

Dr. Merrill gave me relief from two bunions that were on my right foot. I am so glad that I was referred to him, because I had almost given up on ever having pain free feet. Dr. Merrill is very compassionate and he explained everything to me. My appointment was not rushed and I was given all the time I needed for my questions. His Staff is wonderful too! Everyone was so kind to me. Nice clean and comfortable office. Conveniently located. They even supplied me with crutches and an awesome boot that saves me from having to wear the old style cast. They even helped me with the financing for my surgery! Dr. Merrill and Staff take care of everything for their patients. I had very little post-op pain and only for a couple days. In fact, I only took 4 of the pain pills that I was prescribed. All my life I thought my problem was Plantar Warts. I went to a Podiatrist back in Va., but he just tried freezing my foot after cutting into it. OUCH! Then I was referred to a Dermatologist that burned what we thought were Plantar Warts with a Laser. The pain from that Laser treatment almost made me commit suicide! I tried everything to fix my feet including duct taping garlic and later on bananas. Every attempt failed and then I would have to trim my callouses with an x-acto knife just to get a little relief. Fast forward many years with hurting feet and I went to see Dr. Merrill. X-rays of my feet were taken and right away Dr. Merrill knew what was really wrong with my feet! Now, I am having a very easy recovery from surgery and looking forward to having normal feet for the first time in my life!!! I highly recommend Dr. Merrill! Thank You Doctor! ♥

flag | Submitted January 4, 2019

Dr. Merrill and his staff are everything expected in a Best of Class clinic. I did not know how much my feet hurt until they didn't.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2018

Dr. Merrill performed surgery on both of my feet and I could not be happier. I am running 25+ miles a week and am completely pain free for the first time in 20 years. He and his staff have been amazing. I cannot recommend them any higher.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

Dr. Evan C. Merrill's response
Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to leave a review. Your insight is greatly appreciated.

Submitted September 28, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Merrill by a past patient. Rheumatoid Arthritis had deformed my left foot to the point of not being able to wear shoes comfortably, causing pain with every step, and took away from my active lifestyle. Dr. Merrill patiently explained the complicated surgery to restore my foot, answered all of my questions and concerns, and even provided the name of a former patient who shared her success story. Dr. Merrill and his great staff of nurses gave me the confidence to move forward with the complicated surgery and on January 5, 2018, every toe was moved back into position successfully. I am so thankful for Dr. Merrill’s excellent surgical skills and am so happy to be back in my regular shoes, pain free and active again. Many Happy Trails to those who choose Dr. Merrill as their foot and ankle doctor!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2018

Dr. Evan C. Merrill's response
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback!

Submitted November 27, 2018

I’ve been seeing Dr. Merrill for years. First, it was a stubborn plantar wart, later it was Plantar Fasciitis, remedied by custom orthotics. Finally, I recently saw him for constant pain in my Metatarsophalangeal joint (the joint constituting the ball of your foot… at the origin of your big toe). He examined and X-rayed it to reveal osteoarthritis (bone spurs) at that location. He said he could clean up (grind off) up the bone spurs. Dr. Merrill had been so good in the past, I allowed him to perform the arthroplasty (surgical repair) of that joint. It went smoothly as an outpatient at the nearby surgery center of which he is a partner of the large group of physician/owners. The two factors I like best about Dr. Evan Merrill are: 1) He sees you when you are scheduled. There’s no languishing in a lobby, flipping through magazines you never wanted to read. 2) He speaks to you about your condition as an adult. He communicates clearly and does not talk down to you. Sometimes he even shares some of his personal experience (like the fact that he began running marathons later in life, completing 10 of them so far). I have to drive for an hour to reach his office, but it has been totally worth it. I will continue to see Dr. Merrill for my podiatry needs and I highly recommend his entire office to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Dr. Evan C. Merrill's response
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We appreciate the kind words and recommendation!

Submitted November 27, 2018

I am very pleased with the care I receive from Dr. Merrill. I feel safe with him in protecting my old feet with diabetes.....

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

Dr. Evan C. Merrill's response
This feedback is very encouraging, and we appreciate the time it took to complete the review. Thanks so much!

Submitted November 27, 2018

I was very impressed with the entire staff and felt very well taken care of with every visit. I am so happy with the outcome of my left foot surgery and will definatly be having my right foot fixed as soon as Im fully recovered. Dr Merrill is very caring and took the time to listen to me and answer any and all questions I had. I have already sent a friend of mine to him for feet issues and would recomend him to anybody in need of foot care. Thankyou Dr Merrill and staff

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr. Evan C. Merrill's response
Thanks for writing out your feedback online and sharing your thoughts with us publicly!

Submitted November 27, 2018

I had the misfortune to spend almost a year with some broken toes, crutches ,walking boots, pulsed electromagnetic therapy, pins and plates and I can honestly say I was very blessed to be in the care of Dr. Merrill and his staff. I would refer everyone to him without any reservations, he is a very compassionate Physician and listens to his patient and you always feel he has your best interests and health in mind. Thank you Dr. Merrill and Eva!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr. Evan C. Merrill's response
Your thoughts matter to us, thanks for sharing! We’re so excited to hear this great feedback. We also appreciate the time taken to share it with others.

Submitted November 27, 2018

First visit with Dr. Merrill. Impressed with staff and doctor. Procedure was painless for ingrown nail. Very accommodating to my needs as a stroke survivor. I would highly recommend Dr. Merrill. Don Pettit

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Dr. Evan C. Merrill's response
Thank you for these kind words! We appreciate it!

Dr. Evan C. Merrill's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Merrill began his undergraduate education by studying architecture at the Montgomery College in Rockville, MD. He later moved to study at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah to finish his undergraduate work in microbiology. He then attended the California College of Podiatric Medicine where he obtained his Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine. He completed his two year residency program in San Francisco and Pheonix before starting his private practice in Pullman, Washinton. In 1999, he moved to Medford, OR where he currently practices at Southern Oregon Foot & Ankle, LLC. Dr. Merrill is a running enthusiast and uses his experience to help athletes with their foot and ankle injuries. He also loves to go fly fishing and spending time with his family.

• English

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1990)