Ratings for Dr. Paul H. Desmarais

Let's get to the Receptionist. Never received my paperwork at home. Had to fill out all the forms there. Was rushed all the pain very hard to concentrate! A lot of paperwork and I wanted to be perscise. I was called into the doctors office about 10 minutes into the paperwork. My right side of my lower back was excrouceating pain. Now, I walk to the left and slowwww. Nurse was way ahead of me and she did not say hi or how I was, light bulb went off in my head! Though well there is a double O. Doctor came in and well I have had 2 back surgeries and my first and second doctor examinations where more caring. Now, its hit the knee for reflexes and tell the doctor rate your pain, tell him where. He will look touch and bend your leg etc. Then an MRI, receptionist there to was rude! I give her a double 0 too. What has happen to our medical field these days? I also called about my MRI. And I have a rupture disc go figure. That's all I heard, did not ask me how I was doing but they would set me up for physical therapy or injections it was up to me. Had physical therapy and injections did not work. But, went with the injections. With a different doctor my insurance does not cover doctor desmarais's? With doctor Todd Graham. Read his reviews from others and I am not sure about him. When I was done with doctor desmarais's checking out and to schedule another appt the receptionist that I gave a double 00 to, was asking other patients that must go there alot., calling them by there first names and she was very kind to them. I am not sure anymore about our privacy with the patient doctor paperwork we get and sign it. It is a joke because our system has been bad with all the drug use illegally and we are the one's who pay the price for it. The one' s who really need it for pain. The one's who use it illegally for there addiction. It makes the one's who need it worse. They now have to go through the drug testing, which is fine but it is expensive. Especially if you do not have health insurance. Thank goodness I do. Times have changed I had my first surgery in 2000 second surgery 2007. Now, praying its not no 3. We do need more professional caring receptionist, nurses, doctors. Scares me with how things have changed with our medical care.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

I had an MRI , never got a call about it. After more then 2 weeks I called to find out the results, I was told the nurse will call you back . I waited 3 more days with no call. The 4th day I kept calling. A nurse finally called me back and asked are you the one that keeps calling about about your results. Than after waiting over a month for an appointment to talk to the doc about the results, they cancelled the appointment. I would have to wait again. I said no thanks going somewhere else.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Paul H. Desmarais's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Delta Dental