Dr. Michael Y. Chang's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Chang is a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist, fellowship trained in pain management. Dr. Chang’s extensive clinical experience makes him one of the premier physiatrists in the area. Dr. Chang graduated with high honors from the University of California, Berkeley. He earned his degree as Doctor of Osteopathy at Western University of Health Sciences School of Osteopathic Medicine in Pomona, California. He was awarded Intern of the Year while at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in San Bernardino. Dr. Chang completed his residency training at New York University School of Medicine, where he was selected as Chief Resident. Dr. Chang then furthered his training with a fellowship in pain management at Loma Linda University Medical Center.
- Western University of Health Sciences (Grad. 2002)
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Recognitions
- Chairman, AAP Resident Physician Council Fellows
- Chief Resident, Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Training Program, NYU
- Membership Chairman, AAP Resident Physician Council
- Inpatient Chief Resident, Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Training Program, NYU
- Selected to Committee of Intern and Residents at Bellevue Hospital
- Intern of the Year. Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Publications & Research
- Chang M, Balloon Kyphoplasty after Vertebroplasty for recurrent vertebral fractures: A case study, paper presentation, American Academy of Neurologic and Orthopaedic Surgeons 35th annual meeting, Portland, Or, 2011
- Chang M, Be Healthy Challenge: Keeping your back in shape through exercise and nutrition, Bone and Health Fair, Concord, California, Sept 2008.
- Chang M, Non-Surgical Management of Low Back Pain, John Muir Health Orthopadic Update, Concord, California, June 2008.
- Chang M, Ahn J, The Therapeutic Challenge of Gastrocnemius Vein Thrombosis: An Unusual Case Study. Poster presentation 42nd Association of Academic Physiatrist annual education conference, Daytona Beach, Fl, 2006
- Nadler S, Stitik, T, Chang M, Occupational low back pain: History and physical examination. Occupational Medicine: State of the Art Reviews. Aug 2006.
- Feinberg J, Antony A, Chang, M, Calicific tendinitis of the longus colli muscle, submitted for publication, 2006
- Vad V, Antony A, Chang M, Outcome study: Facet cyst decompression after 2 year follow-up. Work-in-progress.
- Chang M, Poulos P, Rehabilitation of unilateral lower extremity weakness due to lumbar epidural abscess caused by Pott’s disease: a case study, poster presentation, 41st Association of Academic Physiatrist annual education conference, Tucson, Az, 2005