Ratings for Dr. Michael Y. Chang

This dude was awful to me. Knows nothing and rude. He has no respect for his patients' time. He was outside the door of my room joking, making all kinds of phone calls WHEN HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SEEING ME, and seeing other patients (his own established patients) whose appts were AFTER mine! I was all excited to meet him when I got my referral to him, and boy what a waste of time. He looked at my notes, and immediately said, " Why did your doctor send you here? I can't help you." I was like.....DUHH! So you could help me with my back problem. I waited almost an hour to see him both visits, and like another patient said, a PA came in the 1st time who was also useless. The 2nd time the supposed REAL doctor...Michael, came in and wasted my time. His bio on Muir Orthopedic Specialists sounds great which is why I was so excited to meet him. Wrong!. Got back problems? Don't try to see this arrogant, rude, unfriendly man

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I wish he would also do surgery - had cotizone shot in hip - 5 minute done 1 hour later I walk without a cane and almost no pain- only good I have to say about dr Chang . Chantal

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

I need to say that I have seen Dr Chang approx. 3-4 times. And am so disappointed that I was referred to him. Without explaining all he refuses to actually care about patients. All that I know in Brentwood that see him will no longer do so.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. Chang seems to let his assistants do all the evaluating. He only does the actual procedure itself. His assistants do the follow up after as well. So the patient basically become his assistants' patient. He is not very involved in the patient's well-being. He does not take the time to listen. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Dr. Chang has been my doctor for a few years now. He was able to help me become pain-free when other doctors kept throwing treatment at me that didn't work. Dr. Chang is good at what he does. He has both accuracy and speed. I can't say that for many doctors out there, but Dr. Chang is skilled and on-point. One time I was 20 minutes late and I still was able to see him in a timely fashion. Dr. Chang didn't have to do that since I was late, but he accommdated me. Great doctor all around.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

Dr. Michael Y. Chang's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Chang is a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist, fellowship trained in pain management. Dr. Chang’s extensive clinical experience makes him one of the premier physiatrists in the area. Dr. Chang graduated with high honors from the University of California, Berkeley. He earned his degree as Doctor of Osteopathy at Western University of Health Sciences School of Osteopathic Medicine in Pomona, California. He was awarded Intern of the Year while at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in San Bernardino. Dr. Chang completed his residency training at New York University School of Medicine, where he was selected as Chief Resident. Dr. Chang then furthered his training with a fellowship in pain management at Loma Linda University Medical Center.

• Western University of Health Sciences (Grad. 2002)

• Chairman, AAP Resident Physician Council Fellows
  • Chief Resident, Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Training Program, NYU
  • Membership Chairman, AAP Resident Physician Council
  • Inpatient Chief Resident, Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Training Program, NYU
  • Selected to Committee of Intern and Residents at Bellevue Hospital
  • Intern of the Year. Arrowhead Regional Medical Center

• Chang M, Balloon Kyphoplasty after Vertebroplasty for recurrent vertebral fractures: A case study, paper presentation, American Academy of Neurologic and Orthopaedic Surgeons 35th annual meeting, Portland, Or, 2011
  • Chang M, Be Healthy Challenge: Keeping your back in shape through exercise and nutrition, Bone and Health Fair, Concord, California, Sept 2008.
  • Chang M, Non-Surgical Management of Low Back Pain, John Muir Health Orthopadic Update, Concord, California, June 2008.
  • Chang M, Ahn J, The Therapeutic Challenge of Gastrocnemius Vein Thrombosis: An Unusual Case Study. Poster presentation 42nd Association of Academic Physiatrist annual education conference, Daytona Beach, Fl, 2006
  • Nadler S, Stitik, T, Chang M, Occupational low back pain: History and physical examination. Occupational Medicine: State of the Art Reviews. Aug 2006.
  • Feinberg J, Antony A, Chang, M, Calicific tendinitis of the longus colli muscle, submitted for publication, 2006
  • Vad V, Antony A, Chang M, Outcome study: Facet cyst decompression after 2 year follow-up. Work-in-progress.
  • Chang M, Poulos P, Rehabilitation of unilateral lower extremity weakness due to lumbar epidural abscess caused by Pott’s disease: a case study, poster presentation, 41st Association of Academic Physiatrist annual education conference, Tucson, Az, 2005

Top Urgent Care Centers in Brentwood, CA