Ratings for Dr. John L. Bard

After insisting something was wrong, he actually said "if I check you will you shut up?" I should have walked out then. Guess what, I was right. I ended up being on HOSPITAL bedrest for 3 weeks at the specialist and delivered 11 weeks early. No thanks to him.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2010

I was concerned about the possibility of developing postpardum depression when my son was born as I have a long history of clinical depression and knew I had a high risk of it. When I asked Dr. Bard about this, instead of giving me real information about my risk factor and symptoms I should be looking for, he gave me a long "Tom Cruise-esque" lecture about how postpartum depression is mostly a woman having a hard time coping with changes in her life and a sign she needs a better support system rather than being a hormonal health issue. I felt berated and belittled by this, and was shocked that a person in position could hold those beliefs. I made sure to seek information elsewhere, and I'm glad I did because I did go on to experience this very real depression.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

Dr. John L. Bard's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Benton Harbor, MI