Ratings for Dr. Jay B. Bender

Dr, Bender is nothing but drug dealer with a license to practice medicine. He should have his license taken away from him, I was a patient of his and didn't realize until i had early morning visit the line out the door and 3 unmarked cars in the parking lot. he put me on multiple heavy duty narcotics. He excepted my ins. from a car accident, but whe my ins. called up his office and asked the reason for all these narcotics he was giving me, I came into my appt. an was told a drug test i took 3 months ago came back with no medication?????? I said first that was 3 months ago, 2nd i take my medicine because i need it, not because i want it. He tried to black ball me, but luckily i found a REAL PAIN MANAGEMENT MD, who knew benders games all to well and most of all his patients cam over to him, cause they did the same to his other patients as he did to me. Once people start to ask questions, that's it they kick you out. The workers ther especially 2 are addicts and look like they are as well. Once when i went he said he can not wright my normal pain medicine as most of the "pharmacy's" are not carring them anymore....I told him my pharmacy orders them for me monthly so i would not have an issue, he wrote me a new pain medicine anyway, I learned the reason why he could't he couldn't write that particular pain med was because he writes to many a month and got in trouble, anyway i took the new prescrption to my Rx i became very ill and called and told his staff, i have told to my pharmacy and they said the order it just for me monthly, She said OK come in and Dr. Bender will write you a new prescrption for your old medicine, but she said bring in your bottle of the old medication, I said ok. so I go in he writes me a new prescrption and the lady who worked there said ok now give me your medication, I said for what? she in order to have your new prescrption, we must take the old one " flush down the toilet" I said I'm not stupid the only person i should give these pills to is the pharmacy, she said no i need to flush them, i took my new prescrption, went into the Bathroom as she followed me and I said there now there all flushed! Her facial expression said it ALL. I am suprised he still is running a pill mill and the the DEA has not arrested him yet, he is BAD NEWS!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I went to Dr. Bender's office in Marietta. The website for his clinic indicated there were alternative treatments. When I got there and mentioned some of those things, he sort of smirked like I was joking or something. All he does is push pills, lots of them, and his staff runs the office like trolls. If you ask for detailed billing (because they overcharge you for your copayment) they tell you they can't give it to you and when you insist, they tell you that you can't see the doctor today -- in other words refuse to let you get your pain medicine. They control everybody, not the doctor. He just writes prescriptions for narcotics hand over fist and laughs all the way to the bank. I'm surprised the cops haven't shut this pill mill down yet. I felt dirty just being there. Went 3 times and then found another clinic - a legitimate, professional clinic. His Marietta office is a joke and is the kind of place that gives pain clinics a bad name.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

this doctor is irresponsible with scripts. he is absent minded and he caused a great problem with my medical records being reported to other doctors. he will black ball his patients. he manages a ghetto clinic in marietta sends his patients who are not as presentable to the marietta location where you are treated as an addiction problem by the ghetto staff. Stay away. especially if you have disability claim, it can ruin you.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr. Bender is very kind and understanding of my particular problems which are trigeminal and occipital neuralgia. However, I had problems filling the prescriptions which I never had before at my previous 2 pain clinics. I am not going to judge Dr. Bender because I do not know their reason.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

I would do your research when it comes to this doctor. First off, Google him. His name comes up with another practice yet hes surprisingly not there. The most frightening thing is what came up on Healthgrades - various actions by state medical boards for overprescribing and misprescribing drugs as well as other disciplinary actions. I called the office to ask if this is the same person and spoke to someone that sounded like she was strung out in a ghetto. She barely could speak...and then conveniently noticed the website came up as a PAIN CLINIC not PAIN MANAGEMENT or PAIN DOCTOR so this is why people who need pain medications cant get any...This is your t ypical pill mill ...Would you really go to a doctor that has disciplinary actions and has prescribed medicines without seeing patients or over the phone - as detailed in his report. I wouldn't.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Stay away!! This doctor is nothing but a drug dealer,he prescribed me an insane amount of narcotics with no prior knowledge of my medical history. I went to Dr.Bender in hopes of getting off of pain meds instead I ended up in a detox center,this doc did nothing to help me except cause pain and emberassment. I feel he should be shut down for the way he handles his patients.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

Dr. Jay B. Bender's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

GHI