Ratings for Dr. Thomas M. Kozak

I saw him for years and never received advice or recommendations on what was wrong or what to consider as next steps. I just stopped because I felt like it was going nowhere. Fast.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Kozak for six months now. He is very bright and knowledgeable. I'm reading the review below me and it sounds like that person wants to feel accepted by their therapist. Dr. Kozak will not allow you to continually beat yourself up, give yourself excuses, and throw the world's biggest pity party for yourself. He's a straight shooter, tells it like he sees it, and uses his knowledge and experience to help you get to where you want to be. I've seen dramatic improvement in my life because I listen to his expert opinion. I feel he listens to what I have to say and gives great, visually perceptible examples I can apply in my life. Yeah, he uses his family in his examples but personally, I prefer those real life examples to illustrative the theoretical, psychological points-of-view he teaches. I'm not paying him to make me feel understood. I'm paying him to provide me with information and tools I can use in my life to get ahead. I'd recommend him for any career driven individual looking to balance the stress of success with maintaining a family life. That's why I'm seeing him.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

This doctor has a definite attitude problem. He seems to not really want to help you with your problems, but would rather glorify his family which he uses as examples. He doesn't listen to you. You can tell him some thing over and over and he either ignores the situation or pans it off as nothing. I have no idea how he ever got a license to practice. I have gone three times to him and walked away thinking.......what just happened? I feel he is not worth the time to try and get some help from. He is too rapped up in himself.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014