Ratings for Dr. Steven J. Lawrence

Dr Lawrence performed a complex Achilles tendon surgery on my husband. We visited him to get a second opinion on the issue. My husband's Achilles tendon had not healed properly from a Achilles Tendon Reattachment surgery performed about a year prior. Not only did it cause pain, but there was a mass the size of a golf ball on his heel. Dr Lawrence was thorough in trying to determine the potential causes and after discussing all possibilities we agreed to surgery. The day of the surgery he took ample time to meet with us before to walk through the steps again and answer any questions. During the surgery the UK hospital staff was excellent in updating me in the waiting room. Dr Lawrence took the time to sit and speak with me in private and walk me through the results and after-care right after surgery. He was very attentive. The hospital staff in the surgery department and Dr Lawrence made this a very trusted and positive experience. Everyone was very supportive, patient and kind. We have been to the after-visit and he walked us through it again, and discussed the recovery plan, demanded to see my husband again a week after to ensure smooth recovery. In contrast to my husband's previous surgery at another hospital, he did not have any issues this time, no swelling etc. The only demerit I can give the care at UK orthopedics is the long wait times at the clinic for regular visits. However in the end it was well worth the wait! He has been pain free and the scar is healing great. The golf ball is gone.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Dr. Lawrence listened carefully and tried to help me even though I was sent by another doctor who told me they couldn't.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr Lawrence came into the exam room and immediately argued against my diagnosis. ..which was done by numerous other doctors, nerve biopsy, genetic testing etc. I found him to be quite unprofessional. He would NOT listen to me until I told him to shut up! I would never recommend him to any one. I have seen over 20 doctors in the last 20 years at University of Kentucky med ctr. From GP's to surgeons to neurologist to orthopedic and he is the worst i've ever come across.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

Dr. Steven J. Lawrence's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1987)

GHI