You may also like

Rate Dr. Lauren M. Cooper

Dr. Lauren M. Cooper's Ratings

I took my elderly mother to Dr Coopers office two years in a row. The first time the office staff had cancelled the appointment and never called us to reschedule. When we went for this scheduled appointment we had to reschedule and return another day. My mother is in Assisted Living and is very anxious especially about visiting Doctors and this was traumatic for her. We were given an Appointment card for one year after that visit for my mother's next annual check up. When we arrived for this appointment for which my mother had the appointment card we were told that there was no appointment scheduled and that the doctor did not schedule appointments more than six months out.Because we had a card which showed that the office had indeed scheduled an appointment 12 months out, the rude staff agreed to squeeze my mother in however we had to wait for at least 45 minutes. The doctor and the staff were extremely rude and the doctor did not thoroughly examine my mother's entire body as she should in an annual check up. We will never return.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2794786].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME, GO SOMEPLACE ELSE I was there to be treated for precancer cells. Dr Cooper was giving me a full body check-up. I've had routine check-ups by other dermatologists, they are suppose to shine a light, look behind ears, between toes, etc. Dr. Cooper never bother to look at any of those places or half of my body. Ask if I had any questions, and out the door. I really feel I now need to make another appointment with a REAL PHYSICIAN to do a job she should have done in the first place. If this were a store - I'd want a FULL REFUND!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2794298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Cooper for years. Today I went to make an appointment for myself and my son. I was told Dr. Cooper does not see patients with acne. I would only be able to see a NP. No Thank You and GOOD BYE!! I will go to someone else. Hmmm a dermatologist who won't treat a person with acne...isn't that what a dermatologist is supposed to do!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2793038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Fantastic Doctor. , I have going to her for 5 years. She spot on,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2786009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

She has been my skin doctor since I was a child. I feel like she is family. She is professional and no-nonsense. What I like the most about going to her is that, out of all the doctors I go to ( I see many because I had a kidney transplant 7 years ago) she keeps me waiting the least. I think the longest I have sat in her waiting room is 15 minutes. Sometimes I sit for over an hour in other doctors’ waiting rooms. Even when I only wait for 5 or 6 minutes in the treatment room waiting to see her, she always apologizes for the wait. She is a very nice lady and a good doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2677681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

I had a very good (well, kind of) experience with Dr. Cooper and I want to share it. I brought in my son to see her because his acne has worsened over the past few months. While I was seated in the chair in the treatment room, she noticed a dark mole on my ear. She told me that she was not comfortable with the way it looked. I told her that I would schedule an appointment and she responded that she would like to take a biopsy of it now. Although, this was all somewhat sudden and scary, I agreed. It turned out to be a skin cancer! I returned a few days later and had it removed by one of her associates, Dr. Lee. The final report came back that all the cancer had been removed. Dr. Lee told me that I had been very lucky that Dr. Cooper had noticed the mole because that particular type of cancer can spread to other parts of the body over time if not treated. Thank you to both Dr. Cooper and Dr. Lee. You are both superb dermatologists.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2677656].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

Dr. Cooper is simply awesome. I took my elderly mother to her yesterday for a skin cancer screening. Dr. Cooper was very concerned about one lesion on my mother's forehead. She took time and explained in detail why she was concerned and why she wanted to remove it.

During the screening for skin cancer, Dr. Cooper noticed that my mother's legs were dry and scaly. Although we did not come for that purpose (my mother has had this issue for years and has simply grown accustomed to the itching and mild burning) Dr. Cooper said, "Why are you suffering? I can help you". She then went on to explain the condition. She then asked if my mother is covered by a prescription plan. When I responded that she is not, Dr. Cooper told us to hold on and she left the room. When she returned, she had a bag full of the creams that my mother needs for her legs. She seemed genuinely concerned and I was impressed.

Her nurses were also great. They smiled, and were compassionate and polite.

I myself have been a nurse for over 40 years and I rarely encounter physicians who take their time to answer questions and go "above and beyond". I will never take my mother to any other dermatologist but Dr. Cooper.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2676360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

I have been to two other docs for scalp problem with no success. Based on my father's advice, I saw Dr. Cooper last week. My father has been going to her for many years and told me that she is very good. As soon as she entered the room, she diagnosed me and explained what we had to do to fix it. Today, nine days later, my scalp is almost 100% better. Thank you!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2676324].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

I cannot believe there have been no negative reports regarding the poor treatment Dr. Lauren M. Cooper gives her patients. My nephew took my 90 year old father to his appointment, because Dad had itching and facial skin cancers. I refuse to step foot in the doctor's office because of the disrespectful, rude treatment I received during a prior appointment. I was flipped around on the examining table, like a seal, when I was 64 years of age and treating a bad back, following a car accident. Dr. Cooper took painful biopsies from my back and chest, while I was laying on my stomach. She told me I needed to "TOUGHEN UP", when I told her the cutting was painful. She stated that I "KEEP GETTING FATTER AND FATTER", and it was the first time she ever met me. She told me my hair was FILTHY and FULL OF DANDRUFF. I had washed it the day before. My hair dresser assures me I have no dandruff. When Dr. Cooper left the room, she slammed the door. Hence, I will never return to her office. Today, my 90 year old father was screamed at, when he could not hear Dr. Cooper's question. To quote my nephew who was EXTREMELY UPSET, Dr. Cooper screamed, "DO YOU USE SOAP!" USE SOAP! I DON'T KNOW HOW ELSE TO SAY OR EXPLAIN IT!", after my father expressed that she needed to slow down and talk louder for him to hear. My father explained that he had put lotion on his face. His face is usually dry and his family doctor has told him to do this. Dr. Cooper yelled, "YOUR SKIN IS OILY. YOU NEED TO USE SOAP." She asked where he had problems, sprayed the three areas on his face and walked out of the room. Dr. Cooper did not tell my father to shut his eyes, when she sprayed a spot, right next to his eye. She did not examine any part of his body to see if he had any other problems. My father was so baffled that he forgot to tell Dr. Cooper that he had itching and problems on his back. My nephew was in total shock regarding how his grand father was treated, today. So two people in my family have been treated rudely and disrespectfully by Dr. Cooper. My father is lucky that he is not blind in the eye that was sprayed, with no prior warning. Dr. Cooper has no bed side manner and seems to be rushing through her appointments, so she is able to see her other patients who probably also had to wait almost an hour to be seen. This has been the case the two times our family visited the office. I find Dr. Cooper to be UNPROFESSIONAL, DISRESPECTFUL, PAINFUL, and RUDE! She is an embarrassment to the medical profession.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2673970].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2015

Visited the Mo-town location a few times. Dr. Cooper was able to diagnose my problem right away. Offered specific treatment options. I liked her direct to the point approach. Waited a little bit too long to see the doc, but otherwise would go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2544154].votes_count ]]