Dr. Barry Kraushaar

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Barry Kraushaar

Dr. K is very professional, thorough and exceptionally knowledgeable. Tried very hard to help me not need surgery, but ultimately had surgery. Every visit, everything was well explained, in layperson's terms. Always checked if I had questions. He is very approachable, friendly and kind. Surgery went off exactly as he stated and I walked out on my own, no support. Had meds if needed, but pain was tolerable. One of the best doctors I have every known.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2019

I kept getting the runaround from other doctors at which point I could barely walk when I went to see Dr Kraushaar he immediately scheduled me for surgery (Total Hip replacement)he had great bedside manner and made me feel very comfortable.My surgery was difficult but he reassured me to go slow and steady I am healing and feeling hundred percent better I can't thank him enough and his wonderful staff.. His hands are truly a gift from God and his assistant was also wonderful!!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Dr. Kraushaar’s hands are a gift from God! Prior to complete hip replacement, I suffered from severe pain for many yrs, making normal daily tasks impossible. Dr. Kraushaar came highly recommended by other drs, hospital staff & patients. He is personable & the staff at NEOSM takes the time to be caring while maintaining an efficient office. I was able to return home from the hospital after a few days post op. At 73 yrs I am in awe & forever grateful to him for giving my life a new beginning!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

I had a labrum year in my hip repaired with 3 anchors. I came to Dr Kraushaar and through continued care and interest in my extreme pain, he performed the repair. He has been a great doctor/surgeon through this process. I have almost 95% improvement at just under 2 months! Dr. Kraushaar is amazing and I am extremely appreciative for what he has done for me!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Dr. Barry Kraushaar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kraushaar is Medical Director, team physician and assistant clinical professor at Dominican College. Dr. Kraushaar sits on the Board of Directors of the New York State Society of Orthopedic Surgeons. He was also the founding co-chairman of the Joint Replacement Center at Nyack Hospital. Dr. Kraushaar completed his fellowship training in sports medicine at Virginia Sports Medicine Institute and Georgetown University, where he published widely about tendon injuries in athletes. His residency in orthopedic surgery was completed at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital. He received his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine. His bachelor’s degree in neuroscience was completed at Colgate University.

• English