Ratings for Dr. Dawn L. Cohen

Dr. Cohen was dismissive and rushed. She refused to refer when a referral was necessary. (My insurance didn't need a referral, so I was able to get the care I needed elsewhere). She recommends against bloodwork covered by insurance, and recommended supplements that have been proven as ineffective. I'm not sure why you'd go to med school if you're just going to make things up, but the least she could do is keep up with the research. Do no harm, people!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

I wish I could give zero stars. This business needs to state in BIG, BOLD LETTERS on every single one of their website pages that they DO NOT accept any self-pay patients. (Unless of course you're getting Botox or a chemical peel, which according to website is to be paid with either cash or Visa/MasterCard). Last night I spent time researching nearby healthcare clinics, and after visiting this practice's website, I thought it would be a great option to establish a relationship beginning with an overdue annual physical. I liked that I could make my appointment directly with a nurse practitioner, and that there seemed to be a focus on preventative healthcare and wellness. I made an appointment online, was prompted to fill out all of my new patient paperwork online that included my entire health history, and received an email confirmation for my appointment. This afternoon they called me and said they were canceling my appointment because I was SELF-PAY. I was extremely upset and called back to inquire about my health history they now have and was transferred to the office manager. This man was rude and condescending, and tried to refer me to a low-cost community clinic, even though I can absolutely afford to pay for services. I have NEVER had an experience like this before with a healthcare provider, and find it absolutely incredulous that this clinic purports to be all about prevention and wellness - but apparently only if they can pad it up and bill an insurance provider. What utter BS and all of the doctors and everyone else at this practice should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Sorry I didn't need Botox. I just wanted to make sure my blood pressure was okay and have my general health checked out. You obviously weren't great for my blood pressure today, and I'll find a nice clinic who actually walks their talk and will take my cash money. You all completely suck and I'm appalled by your disgusting office policy. And I would also appreciate some sort of confirmation to ensure my health history has been erased/shredded from your system. Shame on you!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I saw Dr. Cohen on the recommendation of a family member. Quite possibly one of the worst bedside manners I've ever seen. She didn't address any of my health issues and was condescending and rude. I saw her twice thinking maybe she was having an off day my first visit but not the case. The front desk staff was rude somewhat unprofessional as well discussing patient info where it could be heard in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Former long time patient, do not go here. She has lost her touch, she no longer has empathy, compassion, and the desire to evaluate her patients. My last two visits were more like a revolving door than a doctors visit. I was very hurried, my questions were not answered, even though I had just two questions. I think money has become more important than the patient. Please find another doctor, just I will!!!!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Doctor Cohen is truly a rare breed of physician. She is very knowledgable. She answered each of the questions I asked her regarding my health thouroghly and respectfully. She made me feel like she cared about me not only as a patient, but as a person. I didn't feel the least bit rushed during our visit. Dr. Cohen is the perfect example of what a doctor ought to be.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

I have never seen a Dr. act this way. We had a disagreement and the next thing I know Dr. Cohen quit refilling my insulin, test strips, thyroid and high blood pressure medicines. by the time I found a Dr. my bllod sugars were a wreck wittout insulin. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

Dr. Cohen was very nice and spent a good amount of time with me on my first visit. However, on a follow up visit, she was condescending and rude. She was quick to dismiss what I was saying even though my blood work confirmed my concerns. I felt that she really owed me an apology, though I did not get one. She was unable to offer options regarding my treatment (as if there were only one treatment available - which is not the case). I am not sure why she is even a Dr. since she did not seem like she even cared to help. I went to her for help and was treated poorly. I will not go back!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

Dr. Cohen has been a pleasure to have as a physician. She always spends ample time with me be it a regular physical or another issue I may have. I have seen other physicians and recieved 5 minute drive through service. This has never been my experience at this practice. Dr. Cohen is very easy to talk to and thorough. She is also knowledgable and does not hesitate to refer you to specialist when appropriate. I come from a family of physicians and I have recommended her to many friends and family. I wish I had found her earlier!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

Dr. Dawn Cohen lacks empathy for her patients. In addition, there is a lack of knowledge regarding health conditions and jumps to incorrect conclusions. Advice is to select another physician this was worst experience in our life with this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

Dr. Cohen is personable, caring and asks questions I wouldn't have thought of mentioning. Very thorough and professional.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

Dr. Dawn L. Cohen's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)