Ratings for Dr. Mark C. Mcdade

Communication on treatment plan and coordination with other providers not as well as hoped.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

I decided to get braces at an older age(30). I made an excellent choice going to Dr McDade. His office hours are convenient for a working adult and his office staff are professional and very friendly. The process of having braces for two years seemed easy for me going to Dr McDade. I felt no pain and had no problems with the doctor or the experience. Before braces, I had a smile that I was insecure about because I had my canine tooth sticking up on top of my gum. Dr Mcdade fixed that problem without extracting any teeth. My smile is amazing now and I get so many compliments. I would definitely recommend Dr McDade to all my friends and family, and I do. He has a special gift of perfecting your smile.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

I consulted with several orthodontists in Santa Barbara. Dr. McDade was the only one calling for extractions. Needless to say, I regret going with him and his pro extraction philosophy. I now cannot breath or eat properly due to missing teeth. The sad thing is orthodontists know extractions ruin faces and function, so this could be prevented, but it is not due to extractions resulting in less chair time.

Submitted November 10, 2013

Staff are a bunch of phonies who are nice to you until they get your money. Dr. Mcdade uses dated orthodontic techniques, specifically pulling healthy bicuspids to speed up his treatment time. This results in reduced oral space and bone in the patients' face. He doesn't mention this during the consult. One top of this, he is insulting and told me "I cannot accept positive change" after losing all support in my face due to him pulling teeth. He cares about nothing except gambling on the stock market and roller blading down State St on his lunch break. He is the most apathetic man I have ever met. The orthodontist who prepared my teeth for surgery, after switching from this **** noted 20+ errors. He has 3 offices b/c not enough go to the main one. The only reason gets away with this behavior is that most people don't notice the negative changes. If you care about aesthetics and your tooth/bone health, RUN.

Submitted August 30, 2013

Love it there!! He's the best in town and my kids have a great smile!!!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

As a "mature" orthodontic patient I was made to feel very comfortable and welcome. Staff is very friendly, and was never kept waiting more than 5 minutes. I would highly recommend Dr.McDade to others.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2009

He helped rectify a major issue with previous braces for my son. Dr McDade did it with professionalism, an obvious broad knowledge base, and class. I would highly recommend him without reserve.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

Gread orthodontist, took me in as a very difficult case and althought the results werent "perfect" *my fault not his... I loved how they turned out. He and his staff are great!Thanks Dr.McDade

flag | Submitted August 10, 2005

Very personable and knowledgable. Very nice man and wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2005