Dr. Pradeep Adatrow's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Adatrow, is the only practicing Board Certified Periodontist and Prosthodontist in the Southern United States. He went to University of Alabama, earned his DDS from the University of Tennessee and completed a 3-year postgraduate program in Periodontics and Implantology from Indiana University. Subsequently completed another 3-year postgraduate program in Advanced Prosthodontics from University of Tennessee. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Periodontology, inducted as a Fellow of the prestigious International College of Dentistry (only 10,000 members world wide) and also as a Fellow into the Academy of General Education. Dr. Adatrow's exceptional education and training enables him to provide the most comprehensive dental care of surpassing quality to his patients. Dr. Adatrow enjoys teaching; he served as a faculty in Indiana University for 3 years before moving to University of Tennessee (UT). He is on the faculty in UT from 2006, where he is currently the Head of Surgical Prosthodontics; previously he served as the Director of the Division of Pre-Doctoral Periodontology. At UT he is actively involved in Dental Implant and Surgical Dentistry training for the Post Graduate Students in Periodontology, Advanced Prosthodontic and the Advanced General Dentistry programs, along with the Dental Students. Dr. Adatrow has published several articles in professional peer reviewed journals. He is an invited speaker to many national and international meetings, conducts many Continuing Education Courses for practicing Dentists and works on the editorial board of various Scientific Journals. He has been the recipient of prestigious awards like the Deans Junior Faculty Award, John Diggs Faculty Award and was inducted into the Deans Odontological Society.
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center Memphis
- Indiana University Medical Center
- University of Alabama, Birmingham
Areas of Expertise
- Dental implant surgery
- TMJ disorders
- Oral cancer screening
- Wisdom tooth extraction
- Dental exam
- IV Sedation
- Oral Sedation
- Surgical Extractions
- Dental Implant
Awards & Recognitions
- Fellow of Academy of General Education
- Fellow of International College of Dentistry
- Diplomate of American Board of Periodontology
- Board Certified, American Board of Periodontology
Publications & Research
- Novel naturally crosslinked electrospun nanofibrous chitosan mats for guided bone regeneration membranes: material characterization and cytocompatibility. Norowski PA Jr1, Fujiwara T, Clem WC, Adatrow PC, Eckstein EC, Haggard WO, Bumgardner JD.
- Short-term objective and subjective evaluation of small-diameter implants used to support and retain mandibular prosthesis. Brandt R1, Hollis S, Ahuja S, Adatrow P, Balanoff W.
- Evaluation of biocompatibility and degradation of chitosan nanofiber membrane crosslinked with genipin. Bavariya AJ1, Andrew Norowski P Jr, Mark Anderson K, Adatrow PC, Garcia-Godoy F, Stein SH, Bumgardner JD.
- Emerging antibacterial biomaterial strategies for the prevention of peri-implant inflammatory diseases. Bumgardner JD1, Adatrow P, Haggard WO, Norowski PA.
- Suture pullout strength and in vitro fibroblast and RAW 264.7 monocyte biocompatibility of genipin crosslinked nanofibrous chitosan mats for guided tissue regeneration. Norowski PA1, Mishra S, Adatrow PC, Haggard WO, Bumgardner JD.
- Antimicrobial Activity of Minocycline-Loaded Genipin-Crosslinked Nano-Fibrous Chitosan Mats for Guided Tissue Regeneration Norowski, Peter A; Babu, Jegdish; Adatrow, Pradeep C; Garcia-Godoy, Franklin; Haggard, Warren O; et al.
- Iatrogenic Peri-Implantitis: Treatment and One to Two Year Follow up By Pradeep Adatrow, George Hilal, David Cagna, Paul Bland