Ratings for Dr. R. Chris Kuhne

I have waited some time to write this review based off of how I know the review can be damaging to a business, especially in this situation. However, now based off of the full picture, I feel no patient should have to endure what my husband and I have been through with this establishment. First appointment; Going in to get a sonogram to confirm pregnancy. Was checked in by the nurses, all very sweet. Was then taken to Dr. Kuhne's office where I proceeded to have a very odd "interview" with him. It was like he was on pills, and super spacy, and it took a while before he could speak straight. This interview, regarding my profession, may I also note, it was unusual to me that he would state, "Hmm, you are in a creative field, but did not do well in school, but are NOT ADHD, or ADD or have some learning disability?" (WTF?) Then he proceeded to tell me he would have a hard time being my doctor because I remind him of his daughters....... Then we proceed to the sonogram room, a very small room and he steps out while I undress in a tiny dressing station in the room. I get on the table and he can't seem to find the baby via my tummy, as most doctors can and let's me know that's not working so he needs the probe thing to "interior" sonogram, which is basically like a dildo in you, awkward. We wait for my husband to arrive, and we are all joyous due to knowing we are pregnant and everything is alright. Then, once he gets the measurements done, and it is time for me to get dressed, he does not leave, he continues to stay on his computer logging details, but had enough time to "scan my naked butt" as I get up to get dressed. My husband sees this and is enraged and tells me after the appointment. We only go back because our insurance only allowed us to see 4 providers in DFW and everyone else was "booked". So for the second appointment we go and this is when I see the real Dr. Kuhne and the way the business operates. Check in with nurses and am presented with a breakdown of a financial deposit required to proceed with services (roughly $3,000 deposit by the next two visits) Wow, that stung. Get in to see the Dr. and he is so discombobulated and spacy that I was A o.k. with his not touching me, or asking questions. He stunk, his hair was a ramble, and he was hacking, and finicky, like he had been up on a binger all night. I proceeded to make another appointment with his nurses at checkout (before we applied for Medicaid) and he abruptly interrupted me speaking with them and was belligerently rude and forceful with his demands and tone with the nurse staff, so much that it made me so uncomfortable for them. We have since left the practice and have had nothing but difficulties getting my medical records transferred to my new providers. They are charing $28 to have my information released, and it is legally their responsibility to provide these documents with in 30 days. I have filled out over 7 medical release forms and still they will not provide these documents. They have since let us know that this "fee" will now go to a collection agency. Classy, huh? My husband and I are polite, honest, financially stable clients, and for a business to treat their patients like this is heinous, it is not the nurses, I positive it is him. Beware

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Kuhne and his staff go above and beyond in their care for you as their patient. You are treated with respect and I highly recommend their office.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Saved my life!! Smartest Dr. out there. Very thorough and attentive to my complaints. Squeezed me in on a very busy day during flu season. Love this man!!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I have to totally agree with all the negative comments everyone including the credit report error they made is on my credit report I will not be seeing him in the future and for sure would never recommend him to anyone he is disrespectful to people's time nurse visit for prescriptions $100.00 he seems to be money hungry

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr. Kuhne has been disciplined by the Texas State Medical Board for making inappropriate sexual comments to a patient. He also commented to a patient saying "what would you think if I told you I was a pedophile?" Chris Kuhne's father,. Robert Christopher Kuhne, Sr., M.D. (Retired) molested (raped) at least one patient. Very few women report sexual abuse. Chris Kuhne is following in his father's footsteps. STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

I saw Dr. Kuhne for a couple of years. He was constantly pushing birth control types that I specifically stated I did not want...every time I went in. It was pretty obvious he was getting something from pharmaceutical reps for pushing it. He was always trying to sell something and do "extra tests" that my insurance didn't cover. I always thought he was a little creepy and the last time I went in, I'd have bet a lot of money that he was high as a kite. He was bizarre and totally out of it. I never went back. I found a real doctor and only regret not getting away from this guy sooner.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

I am a Registered Nurse and have been practicing in the medical field for over 25 years. I have found Dr. Kuhne very knowledable and direct in his communication. He keeps current with treatment practice and is a perfectionist - all of which I want in a physcian. He has provided excellent care for me over the past 3 years including surgery. I did my home work before chosing him and he was highly recommended by other physcians in the community. I would would recommend him to any family member as well as friends.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

I was very disappointed in my 2 visits to this office. The doctor did many more tests than necessary and then prescribed a medication that would require me to see him monthly, although he didn't tell me this up front. I think most of the first visit was intentionally extra so he could bill more to the insurance. The office participates with my insurance but they still billed me repeatedly for a portion my insurance didn't pay and said I didn't owe. This was resolved but only after I called each time after receiving 4 statements. DEFINITELY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS OFFICE FOR ANY SERVICES!

Submitted January 14, 2015

all around just perfect doctor.. highly recommended

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Submitted September 25, 2014

Dr. R. Chris Kuhne's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1986)