Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth E. Milnes

Dr. Milnes is exceptional in every expected way. She is well-educated, consistent, devoted, patient and appropriately humorous. Therapy is far too important to settle for mediocrity. If you want a doctor who is amongst the best in the field, I would highly recommend Dr. Elizabeth Milnes.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Dr Milnes helped me through more than one major life event including the death of my father. She taught me coping skills, asked me the tough questions and had me thinking for myself. She has a sense of humor, she's real and she's smart. She's also smart enough to know she didn't need to stand up to me to get through to me. I have a strong personality that usually runs over people. With Dr. Milnes she would wait for me. Wait until I was ready to get to the place where we could work together. She's good. Not all therapists work with all people...it's human nature that makes us all different. But Dr. Milnes is truly amazing.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

I've had experience with many therapists, and struggled to find the right fit. Dr. Milnes helped changed my negative feelings about therapy from our first conversation and continues to do so. Dr. Milnes is respectful but straightforward, extremely knowledgable, and compassionate but professional. Note: It's hard for transgender folks living post-transition to find a therapist who is VERY respectful and highly informed, and won't try to "genderize" what you're really seeking help for -- Dr. Milnes is 100% safe and I strongly support her excellent work for such people.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

Would not recommend because she is not a good listener.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

All therapists are not created equal. Dr. Milnes is far from being one of those aloof, Freudian boors who robotically barks out useless jargon. Instead, she sincerely offers a blend of professionalism and genuine humanity. The archaic "God Complex" approach to psychotherapy is surely absent in sessions with Dr. Milnes. I would highly recommend her to anyone who truly wants significant change in their lives.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013