Ratings for Dr. Amber M. Khan

She is the best of the best. I read the reviews and selected her after so many doctors failed me. The staff is excellent. I was called and told that because of my very high deductible the doctor recommended a test that was covered. I knew that I needed to bite the bullet because I needed a Colonoscopy. Then when I saw the EOB after the Colonoscopy I cried. She got $140 while $$$$ went to cover other expenses. She saved my life.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Simply amazing. I am an educated consumer with brains and I work in Finance. I researched hundreds of gastroenterologists in NY and NJ and read the reviews "their patients" posted. I analyzed this further. And then it dawned upon me how easy it was to post a review and that if you worked in a big medical group how easy it must be to endorse your colleagues on the internet, and more so how the sadly petty people who have to pay out of pocket to their doctors will waste no time smearing them. I chose Dr. Khan who is in solo practice for years. I met with her. She sat down and talked to me like a human being who truly cares. She answered all my questions and concerns. We even joked and laughed. So I took the liberty to tell her that I had researched her. She smiled. And then I told her that I read her reviews. And that the negative ones were by patients who got a bill or had to pay something for their tests. She smiled again and told me "Please as a patient look at your insurance statements. You will be surprised at what the doctor gets paid". Today, I got my statement in mail. I had an endoscopy. She got paid $98. The entire payment by my insurance company for the hospital and other doctors totaled $4857. I actually cried today. I can only imagine what she got paid for spending so much time with me when I met her in her office.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I really feel sorry that patients who do not understand that they have to pay their deductibles and the doctors have nothing to do with this! Dr. Khan is exceptional, thorough, compassionate and her staff explains everything about the billing and coverage. The procedures are pre- approved. Do not malign the doctor because you had to pay for services rendered which is determined by your plan.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012

Dr. was not thorough in inquiring about and documenting my family medical history and submitted claim to insurance company without all the pertinent information, resulting in my having to pay for services out of pocket. I asked her to resubmit claim with correct information so I would not have to pay for services that my insurance was supposed to cover if billed properly but she never did. She convinced me to have a procedure that I'd never have had if I'd thought my insurance might not cover it.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

I had 2 office visits and an endoscopy at Overlook and she was very good. Explained everything very clearly and presented me with a few different options for treatment. I would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Found Dr. Khan to be rushed and less than willing to inform me on protocol and medical options to address colon issues.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

Kind, compassionate, smart, and extremely caring and helpful!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Compassionate, caring and wonderful. Words cannot describe how great she is.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010

was very dissatisfied with dr kahn. would not recommend this doctor. fortunately there are many excellent gasto docs in nj so we haved moved on.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Dr. Khan performed three procedures for my family. She is exceptional.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2007

Dr. Amber M. Khan's Credentials

• Hindi

• Univ Of The Philippines, Coll Of Med, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 1990)