Ratings for Dr. Yuri Falkinstein

I will forever be grateful to Dr. Falkinstein for giving me my life back!! He is an excellent surgeon, and always took the time to review my test results with me in length, showing me exactly what was causing my pain and how he would go about fixing the problem. He was very patient, answering all of my questions, and was always on time to my follow-up appointments. It's been just over one year since he performed spinal fusion in one location in my lower spine, and I am pain free for the first time in over 12 years, and am able to resume activities I worried I would not be able to do anymore. Anyone who is having spinal problems and may need surgery should absolutely visit him - he is a very talented surgeon, and empathetic human being.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

I do not want to give this doctor even one star. My active 92-year-old father took a bad fall in March 2014, while doing yard work. He was taken by ambulance to a hospital he has no history with, so I assume Dr. Falkinstein was assigned Dad's case. He had a badly broken hip which Dr. Falkinstein opted to repair, which is against protocol. He should have done a hip replacement. About 13 months later he finally found a highly regarded surgeon and a week ago he received a hip replacement. That surgeon was incredulous at what he found: the ends of the broken bone were overlapped (which shortened Dad's leg by over an inch), and screwed together. That meant the screws were bearing Dad's weight when he walked and they were insufficient to bear even his small frame without causing excruciating pain. In fact he was always in pain, post-op. This surgeon told Dad he would just have to live with the pain. So... Would I recommend him to anyone? Not if you have a broken hip.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Wonderful caring doctor. Listens, explains. Just sometimes hard to reach after surgery or on weekends, but not his fault his staff doesnt follow through. Excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Dr. Yuri Falkinstein's Credentials

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

MSP/BC Med