Ratings for Dr. Stanislaw S. Sliwowski

This guy is difficult to talk to. He doesn't like to hear your opinion, nor does he do the type of age required testing. I think for a baby he is fine, other than that I wouldn't take my children there. Be proactive in your childs healthcare, because you don't get a second chance if something is missed.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2008

My 3 girls have been going to Drs. Sliwowski's (husband and wife team) for a few years. We are not Polish and the office caters primarily to Polish. Although, over the past two years, this is changing too as the area demographics change. I find the office staff polite and helpful (no gum chewing, loud, personal talking staff). My personal preference is Dr. Martha (the wife) - she is thorough (doesn't hesitate to order tests, doesn't dismiss issues, listens to concerns even if the office is packed with patients). I've been to many highly recommended offices in the past and been very disappointed with overbooked offices, uncaring, snotty doctors who are more impressed with themselves than interested in the patients. This is a small office and remembers patients without looking at the chart.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

"Caters to Polish patients with Polish literature, story books etc. Maybe if we had blond hair and blue eyes he would have noticed us." He speaks Polish and his office is located in Wallington where 75% people are Polish, no wonder they feel more comfortable if their pediatrician speaks their native language. Overall, I agree Dr Sliwinski is horrible (his wife is even worse). They both couldn't diagnose what was wrong with my daughter - I asked several times for X-ray. Finally Mrs. Sliwinska ordered X-ray - when the X-ray was seen by a radiologist, my child was taken to St. Josph's Hospital immediately (water in lungs). My child spent 2 weeks in the hospital just because she was misdiagnosed by Dr Sliwinski.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2007

This guy doesn't follow up with patient, caters to Polish people only. Pushes nose spray like he works for the drug manufacturer. Very disappointed, doesn't want to run blood tests for physicals. Just a waste of time.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2007

One of the Best doctors around. Extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Was a great listener and very insightful. Was very patient with me and out my mind at ease. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2007

INCOMPETENT! Keep your child away from this pediatrician. He should switch his specialty to geriatrics.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2007

he tends to ignore patients...together with his wife, he misdiagnosed my daughter twice...very unknowledgeable...rude and finds it very difficult to listen...maybe he should diagnose himself with adult ADD

flag | Submitted April 19, 2007

He's a bit arrogant and his office staff can be too. He has a know it all attitude and that does not help when you are suppossed to be listening. He seems to ignore things that could be a concern. He can be difficult to talk to also.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2006

best pediatric office in this area. office stuff very helpfull and friendly.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2006

Extremely helpful, quick and easy to understand, explains everything in detail.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2006

Dr. Stanislaw S. Sliwowski's Credentials

• Akademia Medyczna, Bialystok, Poland (Grad. 1978)