Ratings for Dr. Richard S. Haber

Great Dr! So patient and caring! Listens to all my concerns and is extremely understanding. Office staff is very friendly and professional and extremely punctual.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I found him creepy and condescending. He said that when thyroid meds don't work it's not because there is a problem with the meds, it's that there is a problem with the patient / they're just crazy. This overall dismissiveness of his patients and in particular women was offensive and abundantly clear throughout our interaction. Do not go to him unless you want a sexist, rude doctor.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Dr. Haber is just Brilliant. He knows his medicine and makes you feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Dr. Haber is wonderful. I agree with others that he won't sit there and let you whine about every singe thought about your health that you have ever had (and considering he can't possibly make more than $200/hour after all that training, etc., who could afford to do this?!), but he focuses on the important things and in my opinion he has a higher threshold for listening to crap than most doctors do. Furthermore, his staff draws blood right there in the office and he does FNAs and ultrasounds in the office. Although I never waited more than 20 mins to see him (he is generally very punctual), having these services in the office tends to save his patients at least 20 mins. He is excellent.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Dr Haber is patient, concerned, and helpful in explaining your illness and prescribing athe best treatment.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

I went to Dr. Haber becaouse of valid symptoms and concerns occuring over a long period of time. I was referred by his colleague. I didn't need his indifferent and condesending attitude. He does not look at you when you are speaking . He challanges everything that you say, as if you made it up. He focuses on his computer keyboard , rapidly typing. When he finishes , he tells you to make an appointment for the following year. You know at that moment that this physician could care less about helping you.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

I really have never had a worse experience with a doctor. He asked me how I felt, when I said I felt like cutting my skin off with a knife, he told me it didn't matter how i felt. All that mattered were my numbers. I found him to be both condescending an unsympathetic. Spent more time telling me about a Yankees game he had gone to than actually listening to my problem. DON'T GO TO THIS MAN.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

I'm surprised by the poor ratings. I thought he was extremely punctual and spend nearly half an hour with me. He even personally performed an ultrasound on my neck. I've seen a lot of endocrinologists since being diagnosed with thyroid cancer several years ago, and this guy is as good as any.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

As a thyroid cancer survivor, I began seeing Dr. Haber two years ago. I've found him to be a very caring and thorough doctor. He does his own ultrasounds, and I never feel rushed or dismissed when I see him. He actually spends more time reviewing my history than any other doctor I have. He personally calls to let me know about testing results, and he and his staff have been great about calling in prescriptions when I needed them. I'm very happy to have found him.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

I consulted with Dr. Haber once. While I should be under continuing care for a thyroid condition, it will not be with Dr. Haber. He barely gave me the time of day and didn't bother to hide the fact that he was quite humored by my concerns. I should note that I am not a high maintenance patient nor am I regarded as stupid or histrionic. He might have been having a bad day but in the event that my experience was typical, I would suggest that you seek care elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Dr. Richard S. Haber's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

UnitedHealthcare