Ratings for Dr. Richard K. Ellis

I decided to try the New Live Oaks Medical Center (Dr. Ellis). After a staff meeting school district employees were encourage to ask our doctors and dentist to give us the going rates for services to see if they matched with what Blue Cross would pay for that service, and what we would have to pay out of pocket. After being approved as a patient at Dr. Ellis’s office, I asked for the price of a New Patient Consult Visit. There was a long pause she told me to wait then returned with a price of $100-200. I informed her I could call her back with an appointment time after I talked to my insurance company to verify how much of this visit would be covered. Image my shock to be called 5 minutes later by Cynthia Miles an employee of Dr. Ellis’s office informing me Dr. Ellis no longer wanted to see me as a patient. She informed me that “billing” questions before a visit did not make me an “attractive” patient, and that they reserved the right to charge whatever they saw fit per visit.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

Dr. Richard K. Ellis's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

UnitedHealthcare