Ratings for Dr. Gary B. Spector

I've taken both my boys, since birth, to Dr. Spector. Even after relocating an hour away, I don't feel right switching to a different pediatrician (And I've tried two out near our new home when the younger was newborn.) He's a great doctor, very knowledgeable, and honest. Yes, he has a funny sense of humor, though never offensive. He also makes my kids laugh and feel comfortable. His nurse, Amber, is a joy to work with when we visit. Staff is very friendly and fast! I trust him with my boys, and trust he'll listen when I have concerns; and take action when it's needed.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I have to say my experience as a staff member working with Dr. Spector has been much different. He has been kind, supportive and lots of fun to work with. I can honestly say I have really enjoyed working with him and have never heard him yell or scream at anyone. He is really a great doctor and a great person.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr.Spector is a great doctor, but not very nice to work for as an employee. He is greedy, selfish, and screams and yells when he doesn't get his way. It was a nightmare working for him needless to say!

Submitted September 15, 2013

I have taken my three children to him and have complete confidence in him. My children look forward to seeing him as well

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

I cannot imagine trusting my daughters to anyone else! He is extremely thorough, very comforting, follows up and responsive. My friends all go to him as well and it sounds like a fan club when we get together. Word of warning, however. He used to be a professional standup comedian to pay for school and his jokes are rarely politically correct even though they are hysterical. Besides being an outstanding pediatrician, he is also a cancer specialist. He explained his humor to me once by saying, believe me, I know what is serious and everything else in life is to be enjoyed.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008

We LOVE Dr. Gary! I drive more than an hour each way to take my kids to him. He is so thorough and knowledgeble about everything. If there is ever a question, he takes every precaution. He has always personally called the next day to check up on the kids after any sickness or injury. He makes himself available at all times and responds so fast if I have questions. We love his humor and candid replies to everything. He is an amazing doctor, we are lucky to have found him!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

Dr. Spector was wonderful, terrific, kind, helpful, blunt, and willing to go the extra mile again, again, and again. Far and away the best baby/kid doc any of my kids have ever seen, not only because he's smart and insightful, but because he has heart and is forever an advocate of the child. He does have a quirky sense of humor that took some getting used to, and I could readily imagine that might rub some people the wrong way. Gary Spector is a one-in-a-million doc--a thoroughly decent and good guy and an extraordinary pediatrician.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2007

Dr. Spector was extremely innapropriate in his comments in front of a 4 year old female patient. While his diagnosis was fine, his judgment was very poor.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2006

We used Dr. Spector's services from birth thru adulthood. He is extremely knowledgable, professional, thorough, and caring. He really listens to his patients and their parents, and acts accordingly. He is very practical and very dedicated. Every call was returned, and if it needed his personal attention, he was the one that called back. He earned our trust and never failed, in 20 years, to maintain that trust. Thanks SO much Dr. Spector!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2006

Dr. Gary B. Spector's Credentials

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1973)

• Bcbs Illinois