Ratings for Dr. Eric L. Helwig

I have been to Dr. Helwig for two annual eye examinations. Both times I was treated professionally by both staff and doctor. My mother recently moved to this area, and I will set up her appointments with Dr. Helwig as well.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Very unprofessional!!!!!! Always too busy. The last guy says the doctor is great but the staff is not; it's because of the doctor. He keeps them too busy and won't hire someone to just make appointments and answer phones. They are always doing a hundred doferent things. Even trying to run the ups office for him..

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Dr.Helwig himself was great, my daughter and I felt comfortable with his decision to change her prescription and with the quality of his work, the staff on the other hand is a different story. I would describe them as unprofessional,rude,and very unorganized!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

He listens, takes his time and explains what he is doing

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Everyone was super nice, helpful, fast punctual service, thorough exam dr helping has a great personality and is easy to talk to, I won't be going anywhere else for my eue care needs!! I was thoroughly impressed!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

I normally do not write reviews but after what happened I feel I must warn others. I went to Dr Helwig's office with a coworker. I finished my appointment, paid for my eye examine and signed my payroll deduction slip then left. My coworker called me about 20 mins later asking how much my payroll detuction was since we got the same thing. Our totals were different so she asked why. The lady got very rude with her, told her my amount was wrong and changed my payroll deduction to a larger amount. This is not about a $10 mistake or the fact that I had to pay more but I was never contacted by Dr Helwig's office to inform me that they had made a mistake and more money would be deducted. My coworker saw the lady change my deduction amount and was trying to take a pic with her phone to have proof but the lady snatched my form away from her. This is BAD BUSINESS and in my opinion it is stealing!! You should not make changes to a bill without notification.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

I asked him not to give me monthly contacts because the last time I had monthly contacts they fogged up within two weeks but he said give them a try. Now that these are also fogging up I called his office and was told I can't get more contacts and he will be in the office Thursday and they might call me back Friday. I said I can't see and am miserable! She said she may call me back Friday or he may call me Friday. This isn't good business and I won't go back • • •

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Dr. Helwig and his staff are professional and helpful. My daughter and I went in for an annual visit, contacts and glasses. The office ran smooth and efficient. Our wait time was minimal and everyone treated us as if we were important. My daughter picked out frames and was assisted in fitting and accessories needed. The staff assisted her in every way. Dr. Helwig followed up with me to check on my daughter's contacts fit. Dr. Helwig suggested different types of contacts for fit and comfort, for both of us, to make sure we were fitted properly. I am thankful for the time and care spent with us to make sure our vision was satisfactory.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr. Eric L. Helwig's Credentials

• Southern College Of Optometry (Grad. 2004)