Ratings for Dr. Mark P. Gold

Avoid at all costs! Would not recommend to anyone. I now understand why he has had a decrease in patients. Ugh!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Dr. Gold is an amazing doctor! Most of my friends go to see him and are very pleased. His office is small but very comfortable, and his staff is very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

He performed a myomenctomy, and left me infertile. Will not go back.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

I was in my second trimester in pregnancy when I moved to NY. I liked that his office is small, the fact that he took me after my 20th week (not all doctors approve) and he is extremely knowledgeable. He might seem a little serious but he is very caring and compassionate. I was preterm, my water broke and I had to go in to see him, I didn't know what was going on at that time. He examined me, personally made all the arrangements for me at hospital. When I got there, everything was ready! In those important moments you need a doctor that knows what he is doing and he is that doctor. He doesn't mess around and goes to the point. I trust him and I wished I lived in NY again just so I could go back to him. I highly, highly recommend him. Never had problems scheduling appts and the times I had to call, he would return the call personally to answer my doubts. Not a nurse like in SO many other practices! Five star doctor!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

I found Dr Gold via the web and based on a lot of great reviews I decided to schedule an appointment for a pre natal check up. The first meeting was ok but seemed slightly rushed. This being my first pregnancy I wanted to ask questions and was ignored. A few weeks later I started bleeding heavily so I called the office in a panic. While waiting for the dr to return my call I headed to the ER. Finally the dr called me back and I told him the situation. His response "yeah, ok, go to the ER if you want but you're fine" No one from the office ever followed up with me to see if I was in fact ok or not. I QUICKLY found a new doctor who is 1000x better. DO NOT GO HERE!!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

I loved being Dr. Golds patient. He is an amazing professional and great OB. I had my first pregnancy with him and obviously had tons of questions. He spend the time to answer all of my questions and gave me great recommendations. He is very serious and tells you the things the way they are without sugarcoating anything. Some women feel that this is impersonal, but to be honest I much rater have a strong, stern doctor rather than one that pleases you and tells you what YOU want to hear. Delivery is a serious business so I wanted a serious doctor. I would highly recommend him to anyone.I had a c section, he did not force me into making any quick decisions, we waited 41 weeks so I had my chances of delivering vaginally, but at the end when things got serious, he helped me to make the right choice and have the surgery. They surgery went great,I recovered super fast, went home after 3 days, my scar is almost gone after a month.He did a GREAT job.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

I would recommend Dr. Gold to any woman. He is straight to the point, no nonsense, but has a caring nature. I was very comfortable with him and am confident he will take good care of me throughout the rest of my pregnancy.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

It was the first time I had an annual check-up with this doctor and it will definitely be the last. His attitude was 'if you are not pregnant why waist my time' acting like a robot, going through the motions of the exam like he would rather be anywhere else but where he was at the moment. I wanted to say 'hello, earth to Dr. Gold.' He also gave me a very painful pap, I was sore and bleeding for three days.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

Dr Gold had been highly recommended by a friend, when I told her I wanted to change gynecologist, to try and find someone more personal than my previous one. I didn't find him more friendly or personable, but he does seem competent. The problem with NYC gynecologists is that they don't make you feel important - you feel like an object in a factory. It must be due to the high number of patients they have to take, I suppose.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2006

Great doctor! I've been seeing him for two years and he's fantastic. He's quite stern, but has always been intelligent, competent, and honest. He directed me to the brilliant Dr. Iris Orbuch to perform my surgery. Very good doctor who will make you feel comfortable that you're in good hands.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2006

Dr. Mark P. Gold's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1975)