Ratings for Dr. Robb Woods

Saw this doctor at RUH Emerg. He was condescending, accusatory, and judgmental. He never even looked at my back before proclaiming that no one should take pain meds for severe back pain. Never going back there again!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Our grandma was brought in after a fall. Dr Woods took forever to see her, did a brief exam, which would have missed anything, then said she'd just be there overnight for monitoring, which she was, but he'd phone surgery so he didn't need to "hand her over" to the next guy. She went from trauma room, to normal ER room to the Siemen's room (which was quite, half empty and perfectly nice to stay in) then noisy, smelly surgery ward, then some poor young tired surgeon came, did a fare more thorough head to toe, realized she was on too many heart meds, and called the medicine doctor who admitted, moved again, trimmed some meds and she was home two days later. First, Dr Woods was just plain wrong and missed the low pressure and didn't even know which doctor to call. Second, if she just needed pain control, why call yet another doctor just to admit overnight to a different part of the hospital? That must be expensive and is a waste of time. Why couldn't next emergency doctor just send her home in morning?

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

I thought he was amazing. The ER department is always very busy. It was going to take a while to get us an actualy bed so he came and did a quick assement in the waiting room and sent us for xrays. by the time we had a bed (2 hours later) my daughter had already gone for xrays, been given medication and was ready for her cast. i think he did an amazing job given how busy the department was.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014

Now, let me start by saying at RUH you expect poor treatment by the ER nurses, not Dr. Wood's fault. I did find him condescending, which is similar to the "smug" another reviewer used, and I have to agree. Like the broken ribs, I had a minor complaint, a bit embarrassing in nature, but there are no real late night walk in clinics in Saskatoon, and the family doctors in the walk in clinics are suspect at best. Dr. Woods did diagnose and treat me, but too busy for advise, seemed insulted that I waste his time, but I would have been quite sick if I waited until business hours to see my family doctor. I wish Saskatoon had "urgent" care clinics with labs and xrays at reasonable hours, but they don't. Maybe Dr. Woods fixed me. But I fealt a bit worse about myself. Then again, I'd put up with some "smug" demeanor a dozen times over, and even wait in RUH ER, rather than brave St. Paul's dangerous area or the lack of knowledge from equally hurried mediclinic imports!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

We were very disturbed over this Doctor, he was very insensitive and uncaring. Our 95 year old Mom was brought in by ambulance after a bad fall. She was in a great deal of pain, and after having to ask for an x ray, they discovered she had a cracked rib, which we feel was all connected to her breast cancer.He would not admit her, his comment was "This place is for sick people, you are not sick you are just in pain." She went into respite, instead of palliative care, which is where she should have gone. Our Mom died 11 days later without any Doctor ever coming to see her. We are so very sad!!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

Seems like a smart enough guy, but walked in after a long wait, quite smug, then just referred me to the wrong specialist after talking to me for 2 minutes, the surgeon, well resident, then appropriately referred me to a urologist after spending some time with me. Doesn't matter how smart he is, if he doesn't have time for patients, and is too good to sit down and listen. Has some beat, time previous emerg doc had sent me home with a dumb look and a "gawsh, don't know what's the matter"

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010