Ratings for Dr. Elena I. Barengolts

Dr. Elena is my primary physician and is an expert in diabetes. She is kind and soft spoken and very knowledgeable about endocrinology. I've had her as my doctor for the past 5 years and I find it easier to manage my condition as she is willing to try many options and considers my lifestyle in her advice.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Barenglots 3 years ago for osteoporosis. In this time my DEXA bone scans showed that I had gone from osteopenia to osteoporosis. Her recommendation was to exercise and have a balanced diet. This year my primary care physician was concerned about my calcium levels and suggested returning to Dr. Barenglots. I chose another physician who prescribed further tests regarding my calcium levels; these showed that I had hyperparathyroidism, a serious disease. The parathyroid glands control the amount of calcium in our blood and bones. One of the symptoms and complications of hyperparathyroidism is osteoporosis. Why didn't Dr. Barenglots do her research and catch this three years ago?

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Dr. Elena I. Barengolts's Credentials

• First Moscow Sechenov Med Inst, Moscow, Russia (Grad. 1977)