Ratings for Dr. Vinayaka K. Gavini

Unfriendly and rude! It was almost 45 minutes late to see a 3-day old baby

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

when I was 12 and came in very sick last minute a nurse saw me. Based on this she concluded I had an eating disorder. (this nurse had an anorexic daughter it turns out.) many things can cause a child to lose weight. No tests done at all! I was not informed of this until later by my mom. this nurse thought I was a liar! Thank god the dr.s at Beaumount doubted this willy nilly diagnosis. but not at first. my younger sister was asked questions by their staff at first about if i throw up on purpose, etc. Nurses are not allowed to diagnose by the way. A simple blood test determined I had type 1 diabetes. then the hospital staff asked my sister more relevant questions. Not long after I got better gavini started to refuse to write referals.(another person put that in their rating) I think I got 1 referal at first. Then he got this idea that he wanted to treat my diabetes, the same diabetes that his office did not test for. my dad argued with him and he told him to get another dr, we did.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2011

When my oldest son suffered a spiral fracture of the shin bone, Dr. Gavini was absolutely wonderful with his care. His office even called the next day to see how my son was doing.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Dr. Gavini has been a great doctor to both of my sons. He doesn't over medicate like most. If it is needed he will use more aggressive treatments. We always have plenty of time to consult with him and he listens to us.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

We have since moved on, but I now realize how we should've moved on years ago. He took a "holistic approach," with my children which meant plenty of over-the-counter remedies & fooling around with their diets, (this went on for YEARS) but what they really needed was appropriate tests & prescriptions. If there had been permanent damage, I would seriously be considering legal action right now.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2007

we had to go to him 3 different occasions for the same problem that he never got it fixed. just awful

flag | Submitted April 20, 2007

We are currently very unhappy and will eventually pick a new primary physician. He does not want to write referrals and did not take an abnormal test result seriously. Had a great physician assistant that left & we miss her, too. Was fine at one time, but would not recommend now.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007

Good Doctor, makes you feel comfortable and relaxed.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2007

Very inefficient. My son suffered for 2 years with him. We changed his doctor and he got well in 3 months.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2006

Never piunctual,very wrong diagnosis and always overcharges.If you have any questions he'll make you visit him even if he saw the previous day.He orders unnecessary tests even for small cold and cough.Never available to discuss your child's health and never even tells you anything.Bedside manners are very poor and brusque.Would never recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2006

Dr. Vinayaka K. Gavini's Credentials

• Sri Venkatesvara Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Tirupati, Ap, India (Grad. 1972)