Ratings for Dr. Marvin A. Dash

Worst experience of my life. Almost broke my jaw.had to crack the root to remove tooth,which i guess is understandable.couldn't figure out why hole where toothwas wouldn't heal and kept getting infected.went back to him and he said he didn't know. Went to another dentist and he quickly recognized what the problem was. he didn't remove the root which I could see myself and I'm no dentist.4 years of infections, now I'm immune to antibiotics.please do yourself a favor and DO NOT GO TO HIM. the other dentist told me he's known as the butcher and i see why.i had to give him a star to comment but if i could have given a negative star i would have.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

I used to work there and I wish I could figure out how to have his license revoked. Dr. Dash doesn't wash his hands when he enters your room or after he uses the bathroom. Trust me, never once have we replaced the soap in the patients rooms. He doesn't wait for you to get numb, most patients using iv sedation scream and kick during their procedures and have to be held down by more than one staff member. He has the lab assistants wash, sterilize and reuse suture needles, which you aren't supposed to do. He also uses 1 IV sedation bag for 2-4 patients. They aren't given enough medicine, which is why he instructs the staff to lock the door to the back as the patient screams and kicks. He sees 95% welfare patients that don't have any other options for oral surgeons and go to him for vicodin and then skip out on their surgeries only to come back a week later for more vicodin. He is only in this for the money but if you have regular insurance or pay cash, he moves you to the front of the line and treats you like you are his best friend. Everyone else is treated like dirt. If you have options, don't go here.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr. Dash is a mess. I finally get in to see him and he said that he was going to remove one tooth with this visit. He asked me to lay back to inject the numbing medication and did not warn me that four shots were coming. I was only expecting one in the back of my mouth. Anyway on the 3rd injection I started to show some discomfort and he specifically said quote "Who taught you how to scream like that? Suck it up and take the pain." He then sent me out to the waiting room for 10 minutes so the medicine would kick in. After 10 minutes had passed my mouth was in no way numb enough to get a tooth pulled. From his prior ignorance I knew he would not give me more medication. So I decided not to do it and ran for the elevator. I knew this man was trouble when he came in the room. I was not about to let me hurt me which seems like it was on his mind to do. FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR! IF YOU WANT TREATED KINDLY AND RESPECTED DURING YOUR PROCEDURE.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2010

Dr. Marvin A. Dash's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

MSP/BC Med