Ratings for Dr. Eileen C. Comia

I saw her on the local news and she seemed knowledgeable, so I made an appointment. Big mistake! While sitting in one of her exam rooms, I heard her screaming at a patient in the room next to me. She even used inappropriate language. I was so shocked, I couldn't believe it. I thought maybe she was having a bad day (although that would be no excuse for her behavior), but then it was my turn. I have never met a physician who is more rude and condescending than she. She even threw a tantrum and also used inappropriate language with me. I vowed never to go back to her again. Then, recently, I received a message from her office in the St. Francis My Care system, asking me to post 3 reviews in order to receive 10% off on her supplements. Well, Dr. Comia, here is your review. As for your supplements, I can get them online for half the cost, so no thank you. Words of warning: if you have to bribe your patients in order to get positive reviews, there is something seriously wrong with your behavior. Adjust your attitude and maybe your scores will go up.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Dr. Comia is very knowledgable and cares for her patients. She wants everybody to follow a healthier lifestyle so one can have a better quality of life. I have improved my over all health greatly since seeing Dr. Comia. She may run late on occasion, but anytime i go to any health practitioner, I expect to wait. She takes the time to answer questions about your health.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr Comia is very rude. She talks down to you. When I make an appointment I ask regarding length of visit because I must arrange a ride. I allow 15mins over time given and the time given is never met. On two occasions I had to leave after waiting over an hour. She asks for patients to take blood tests but does not discuss them stating she doesn't see the results because they go to her computer. I later found out the reason she request these tests because she gets a financial benefit. She request referrals but doesn't follow up. If you won't buy her vitamins you are not treated. I had swelling around my knee and when I asked her about it,my feeling is water, she told me it was fat. I told her fat stays the same this swelling sometimes diminishes. Her response was who is the doctor. My response was I do know my body. It appears that she doesn't trust her staff. When an appointent is made by her staff she later calls the patient to verify the appointment. You can tell the way she talks to her staff she isn't happy with them. She blames the patient for not improving but she is not treating the problem.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Dr. Comia literally saved my life! Being only 29 years old and diagnosed with kidney failure was overwhelming, especially when the kidney specialist had no idea why or what to do! Dr. Comia was a huge help right from the start. Now nearly 4 months later my kidney numbers are almost back to normal and I am feeling better than ever! Dr. Comia never rushes you and answers all of your questions. She is extremely intelligent and listens to what you have to save. Her staff is friendly and very helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Comia!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

She is very RUDE and talk down to you, and she also try to push her supplements on you. She criticized you eating habit which I take offenctilly. When you arrive for you appointment she keep you waiting for over 45 min to 1 hr. which I feel it to long.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Rude and condescending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Won't go back..will find another doctor even if I have to go out of state.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

While I appreciate Dr. Comia's approach to wholistic medicine, I could not stand her terrible condescending, negative attitude and treatment of me. :(

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

I'm a fairly new patient of Dr. Comia and I must say she is an extremely intelligent doctor. I first found out about her while watching her on a news segment on TV. I was curious and at the time I was looking for a PCP. She is very straight forward and doesn't sugar coat anything, which is a quality that I can appreciate. She does tend to run a little behind, but it's because she's very thorough and takes her time with her patients. Her staff appears to be very friendly, I've never had any issues with them and they are always smiling. Dr. Comia is the only physician in her office and she only has 2 assistants so i would assume that it can get very busy and hectic, but you would never know by the way they treat you, always pleasant and kind. I finally feel like I've found a doctor who I can rely on and listens to me. I have been recommending her to all of my friends and will continue to do so!

Submitted October 21, 2013

I have known Dr Comia for over 12 years, she's the best. In all those years she has never steered me wrong. Her office is one of the best that I have ever been too in the medical feel, friendly and courteous. She has always made sure that I understand what she is telling me do do or makes very good recommendations. Let me tell you I went to the emergency room one Friday and did not agree with them so on that Monday I went to Dr. Comia and within a little time I was much better. As a doctor she has good bedside manners and is very compassionate. I recommended someone to her and they went to see her, Dr. Comia sent her to a doctor for Cancer, she had stage 4 colon cancer and The doctor went out of her way a called her personally to express her concerns. In my book I have no problem recommending her to patients looking for a doctor. Some people just do not like what theyn here, when it is the truth, it hurts.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

Dr. Comia does come off very harsh, but I feel she is extremely knowledgeable of my AI disease. She did recommend me take certain supplements that I've have already been taking on my own. She didn't push me to buy them from her office when I run out. I agree with her stand on going gluten and dairy free. I have already been following this diet for the last five months and it has helped my condition. She was vey thorough at my first initial meet and greet visit and at my subsequent physical . I did disagree with her on a symptom that I know is related to my condition, and she feels it isn't. We'll see over the next few months if it gets worse.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

Dr. Eileen C. Comia's Credentials

• Univ Of The East, Ramon Magsaysay Mem Med Ctr, Quezon City (Grad. 1988)