Ratings for Dr. Joseph B. O'Connell

How would the person who wrote this comment know if Dr. O'Connell's staff had surgery or not? I know for a fact that almost everybody who works for Dr. O'Connell has had procedures with him. There are even two videos currently on his web site that show two of his staff members having procedures. I think it's actually a testament to Dr. O'Connell's skill that this lady couldn't tell that his staff had had things done! As they say, "plastic surgery should whisper, not scream" and Dr. O'Connell is an absolute master of subtle changes that don't give his patients a "surgical" look.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

My daughter fell off her bike this weekend and gouged her chin very badly. Rather than going to the ER, where they'd likely make us wait forever and then do a shoddy job at stitching her up, I called Dr. O'Connell. He met us within 20 minutes at his office and he and his assistant could not have been more reassuring or kind to my nervous six-year-old (and her even more nervous mother!) I watched him at work while I held her hands, and was so impressed by his precision and focus at repairing two significant punctures on her face that would have left a very bad scar otherwise. I'm so grateful and very relieved that we called him!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. O'Connell repaired my son's ear lobes after he wore gauges for 1 1/2 years. His ear lobes sagged somewhat and pea-sized homes remained. He did such a great job and I am so grateful my son's ears lobes look like they did before the gauges ruined them. Thank you!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

Just over a week ago Dr. O'Connell operated on me to correct my droopy eyelids, saggy neck and jowls, and other signs of facial aging. To say that I'm am thrilled with the results would be an understatement. I can't say enough about Dr. O'Connell and his staff. In my pre-surgical consultations, Dr. O'Connell patiently and respectfully answered all of my questions, and explained what types of outcomes I could expect. In addition, he told me which procedures would NOT be worthwhile in my particular case, which I greatly appreciated. The surgical procedure was far less uncomfortable than I expected, and the care I received from him and his team at Bridgeport Hospital was outstanding. His office staff is also delightful. To date, my recovery has been totally uneventful. I can't recommend Dr. O'Connell and his entire team highly enough. He is a true artist and I feel totally confident that I couldn't have found a more skilled or caring surgeon for my procedures.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

I had a breast reduction 4 years ago and Dr. O Connell did an excellent job. He recommended a tummy tuck which I had not even thought about at the time. It was the best decision of my life..three kids later. I had not worn a bikini in ten years.. He was not pushy and very clear on the procedure. His staff was warm and very pleasant pre op and post op.I had four friends go to him after for work..we are all very satisfied with the life change.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

He was very rude and was way overpriced. Staff was very helpful and I think his wife works there, and she was also very helpful and kind.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

I chose Dr. O'Connell from several plastic surgeons all over Fairfield County to perform my procedure. The entire staff at his practice was accommodating, friendly, professional, and treated me with utmost care. He explained every detail about the process, the potential risks involved, and all my concerns regarding pre-op and post-op. I was very nervous during my consultation and on the day of my surgery, but his nurses, Nancy and Gloria, did everything to make me feel comfortable. I am so much more confident now - Dr. O'Connell has truly changed my life. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

I discovered Dr. O'Connell after researching cosmetic surgeons and learning of his excellent reputation. He answered all my questions, worked attentively with me to reach my cosmetic goals, the surgery went very well, his caring and followup was excellent. The results have made me so happy and so positively changed my life for the better. His office and hospital staff were thorough, attentive and caring. I felt safe and in good hands. I have since had other procedures performed. He is now my doctor of choice. I highly recommend him to anyone. Thanks Dr. O'Connell!!!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

Dr. O'Connell was not helpful with my laser hair removal. He was quick to dismiss us and uncaring. I would not go back!

Submitted May 24, 2011

Dr. O'Connell is fantastic. He's very knowledgeable and he's consistently rated as one of the top cosmetic surgeons in Fairfield County. His office staff is very accomodating and I'd highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

Dr. Joseph B. O'Connell's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1981)