Ratings for Dr. Sarah J. Hays

My wife had perfect vision that became cloudy due to a cataract in one eye, Dr. Webb at Alabaster Walmart sent her to Dr. Hayes for the surgery 5/6/2014, She has had problems ever since, have been going to Dr. Fuller at vision of America annually since the surgery, attempting to correct her double vision. Does not seem to be helping. Too bad all these Doctors stick together and will not admit that another one messed up so legal action can be taken.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2019

Dr Hays placed the wrong lense in my wife's cataract surgery. She was last of 14 surgeries that day. Dr Hays just moved to the surgery and did not consult file where the recommended lense was not used. She and the other "professionals" in Honewood office tried to minimize the error. In fact they sold her rather expensive glasses not covered by insurance to correct their error. Understand she is retiring which is a good thing.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Had lasik surgery w Dr. Hays. Two years later was offered free enhancement because one eye had regressed. Did poor exam and review of first procedure. Immediately had worse vision. Returned a number of times was never told what was wrong or what to do or where to go. Another Dr told me my cornea was damaged and nothing could be done. Later found out I could have been helped and that my cornea had been thinned too much and I developed ectasia. I wish I had never done lasik.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

I had cataract surgery and Dr Hayes talked me into purchasing a special lens that would prevent me from becoming nearsighted as I age. My vision was not improved- perhaps the cataract was not that bad. I feel that she was just "selling" the surgery and especially the lens. (the lens was not covered by insurance and cost me $1000 out of pocket) After seeing two other specialists, I have learned that this procedure does not work and wish I had never had it done. I will add, however, that the staff was wonderful.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2014

Great experience! I had cataract surgery on both eyes with lens replacements. About a month later, I had the Lasiks procedure done to tune things, and now have 20/15 in one eye and 20/10 in the other. Great staff who were very kind and helpful. No billboards, no radio ads, and no back cover of the yellow pages needed here (that's always made me suspect of the doctor's professional ethics and real medical expertise): just her reputation and happy patients say enough for her. She has made the quality of my life much better, and that's what counts. I used to look at a tree, now I see the shape of the leaves.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2009

Showed up to my surgery and had never met me. Never saw her again after surgery. Saw her flunky optometrist. Not happy with results. NO personal touch......no bedside manner

flag | Submitted August 21, 2008

Execellent doctor. Very patient and compassionate. She did my lasik eye surgery and I can see!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2007

Very professional and knoledgable about newer lens implants and willing to collaborate with me and my optometrist to choose the best options. In one year I have graduated from poor vision with bifocals to good vision without glasses.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2007

Did cataract surgery on me that failed. She turned my follow-up work over too soon, to an optometrist, instead of personal care. Results of failed cataract procedure was a detached retina. I feel like the original cataract procedure was done only to sell the procedure. I had 20/40 vision going in. At this point, I am clinically blind in one eye.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2006

Dr. Sarah J. Hays's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)
  • Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1979)

HealthPartners