Ratings for Dr. Gloria C. Abacan

Went with my mother many times. Dr. Abacon hardly seemed to pay attention to her, despite her serious health issues. After last hospital release Dr. Abacon prescribed coumadin. My mother kept bleeding continuously from the nose, so called office, but was told it was normal. Then her foot and lower leg turned swollen and purple with pooled blood. She was getting increasingly weak, so took her to Dr. Abacon; who brushed off my concerns saying again that it was normal. Within a week mom was so weak from internal bleeding she could not swallow. She was admitted to hospital but was too weak to survive surgery to insert feeding tube, so passed away within a few days. Dr. Abacon's response was that she thought she had had the prescription right.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

At the time I picked my doctor she was the only one in my area that was taking new patients. All I know from my experience is she treats me as if I am not a human being that has problems and needs her to take good care of me and she makes me sign a behaverial contract and it to me is like a threat and really hurts me and she does not really listen to me and what I have to say. I am a Chronic Pain patient and she plays with my mind and when it comes to refilling my pain medicine she gives me what she thinks I need, not what I usually take. I need to function and not just lay around and not be active for the pain is so severe. She is always using the state as the reason I can only have what she gives me and I called the state and I was told as long as I have a medical reason of which I do, there is no restriction. I have so much to say and 1000 words limited is not going to give me the space to give all the specifics that need to added to this complaint.I have many health problems.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

Dr. Gloria C. Abacan's Credentials

• Univ Of Santo Tomas, Fac Of Med And Surg, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 1990)

Coventry Healthcare