Ratings for Dr. Alberto GONZALEZ

STAY CLEAR OF THIS DOCTOR AND ANY DOCTOR THAT IS UNDER TENENT!!! I went to him for thyroid problems and was taking Armour thyroid.He said he won't work with armour...only synthroid. After I went home and googled armour vs synthroid I realized when I was on synthroid many years ago, I had the side effects mentioned in the article. I called the doctors office back and told them. They spoke to the doctor and I was told that he will only work with synthroid and if I don't tke it, he can't treat me. WHAT DOCTOR ONLY WORKS WITH 1 MEDICATION IN THEIR FIELD? Then when I got the bill, I refused to pay because I had to use that money to go to another doctor and he refused to treat me, unless I went on medication that caused me side effects. I called Tenent, who the doctor is under. Wow, what an uncaring company. They are putting me in collection. Is this a doctor that cares about a patients health? Tenent could care less as well.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Staff isn't very punctual about returning calls. Waited 4 days after I called (one week after my blood work) to get them to call me back. Dr. has a nice personality in person, but doesn't respond well when I had problems with a medication he prescribed and called in to the office for advice / changes to the medication. Takes 4-6 weeks to get an appointment. Feels like I'm on Obamacare already.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

Dr. Alberto GONZALEZ's Credentials

• Inst Tech De Santo Dom (Intec), Esc De Med, Fac De Med, Santo Domingo (Grad. 1990)

• BCBS Illinois