Ratings for Dr. David E. Rivera

Dr. Rivera did not explain alternative measures to surgery. He scheduled me for a hemorrhoidectomy (which I wanted) the day following my colonoscopy but did not discuss with me prior to the surgery what it would entail, how long I would be in surgery, how much recovery time I would need, or any possible complications. I was desperate for pain relief so I went ahead with the surgery. The day of my surgery, he was two hours late, he did not come out to speak to my husband postoperatively and did not write Discharge Orders prior to going into his next surgery. I decided to leave on my own after waiting over four hours for him. When he heard I was leaving, he rushed out of the OR and met me in front of the public elevators where he violated HIPAA regulations by shouting at me and attempting to intimidate me into not reporting him in front of patients/visitors exiting the elevators.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2013