Ratings for Dr. R. Thomas Schmidt

I believe Dr. Schmidt focuses more on the business of diagnosis, processes and surgery and less on the patient and compassion. This may come with doing it so long but it certainly shouldn't be the case. May need to reduce the numbers to get back to quality care.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Dr. Schmidt is nothing but professional and caring. He not only cared for my breast health, but my mental health as my Mother died from breast cancer and I suffered a miscarriage - something not in his defined field of work but he cared enough to spend time with me to make sure that I was okay. I would be willing to wait hours in that waiting room if I had to just to receive the top notch care that I received from him.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Dr. Schmidt is a butcher, with St. V. in his back pocket. He is very touchy feely & acts like he really cares about you. He has been investigated by medicare & numerous insurance companies. I would have never gone to him, if my previous doctor had not been on sabatical. I no longer see Dr. Schmidt & I really hope anyione that is refered to him, gets a second opinion. The wait to see him is at least 1 hour & no place to sit in waiting room. Then when you do get to the exam room, he is in & out with no time for questions. He preformed unnecessary surgerys on me & Put me thru alot of stress not to mention the pain. Other doctors in thid firlf have NO respect for him.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr. Schmidt is an excellent doctor who is extremely compassionate. He took the time to explain my cancer treatment plan and set me up with Dr. Birhiray my oncologist. They make an excellent team. I felt confident with both of them throughout my journey. My Masectomy was done with such skill and the incision has healed beautifully. Dr Schmidt is the best.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. Schmidt is a very good doctor. However, he brushes off questions and comes across as patronizing and dismissive. Hugs and pats on the shoulder are nice but I prefer to be treated like an adult, with adult explanations to my questions.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Dr Schmidt is very caring and very knowledgable. He put me at ease right away.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Very warm person. My sister saw him for her breast cancer. Made me feel very comfortable and important. Good sense of humor.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2012

He's my life saver. Have known him for 12 years. Removed cancer 5yrs ago and F/U every 6 mos. Love the hugs and positive attitude, as well as the no nonsense medical verbage. He's the best and I won't see anyone else. Great staff and great team. Always look forward to his visits.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

If you want the BEST sometimes you may have to wait. Just remember if something happens to you he will take the same amount of time, care and consideration to answer all your question and concerns as well. He is the only surgeon I have met that will try to save your breasts if possible. I have been to a surgeon on this list who wanted to remove my breast. Dr Schmidt said "we can always remove but lets try this". To this day I STILL have my breast. That was about 15 years ago. I still have my check-ups as needed.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

He's the best...did surgery several years ago for papilloma that turned out benign.. can't see scar now. seeing for followup for years. very caring, rare doctor. highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

Dr. R. Thomas Schmidt's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)