Ratings for Dr. Jill F. Chambers

Jill Chambers has absolutely been a God-send for me. In reading some of these comments left by others, I have to wonder if they are even speaking of the same Jill Chambers! I moved to Nashville in 1980, pregnant with my first baby, and did not know a single person. I needed an OB-GYN and found her name in the Yellow Pages. I could write volumes of how wonderful she has been but I will simply say that, not only did she give me the best treatment I could ever have hoped for, she made me feel safe, cared for, got me through a very dangerous bout with toxicity and delivered both of my children in '80 and '85. ALWAYS  greeted me with a big, warm smile and I looked forward to every visit. I am now 63 and she helped get me through a VERY tough time in 2011 with her strength, caring and professional treatment. She kept giving selflessly even when she herself was dealing with health issues of her own. THAT is a good doctor. We should all be so lucky to have a doctor like her  Seriously, she's been an angel for me and I am so sad that she has retired. It's a huge loss for me as well as anyone needing the kind of care and treatment that she has provided all of these years. Dr. Chambers, you are simply the best and I will always be grateful that you were my doctor!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

I was a patient for almost 20 years. I waited for 1 1/2 hours in the waiting room, and then another 1 1/2 hours in the exam room. In a paper gown. I believe they forgot me and went to lunch. Once she arrived, I was berated for being overweight and not being promiscuous. The office was fine as long as she had a nurse practitioner. She needs to work on personal skills and maybe dig a little deeper in her exams.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

When I arrived I realized my insurance card was in my car that had been valet parked. The receptionist refused to use the card I had on my phone. I have been struggling with orthopadiec pain and going back to valet was not going to work for me. The receptionist was adamant. I felt bullied and like their process was more important than me a new patient. If this was an example of the office's attitude I will go somewhere else. First impressions are lasting ones

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

I have read all the reviews and what I have to say may steer you away from ever using her. If you read all the reviews, you will see a person Janice chime in. That was her old secretary and best friend. She fired her after she called her a B word, which she is, a royal b. But she got her house for free and stole thousands of dollars. That is right my sis signed Janice's mortgage without reading it and now has to pay for it or ruin her credit more. She could not charge her criminally because she gave her the authority and pin numbers to her bank account. I had warned my sister that she called he all kinds of names when she was not around and she choose to believe her over her brother. HA HA HA When her parents moved to Hawaii to retire, she called a few weeks later to say her Psychiatrist says my Dad raped her when she was two. He disowned her. When she did not get to feeling better after finding the "truth" she admitted herself to Ridgeview in Atlanta, a hospital for professionals. They told her the truth, she was an alcoholic. So she calls parents again and says we are all alcoholics and that is the reason for her problems. When she quits drinking; life is not better because she did not accept responsibility but blamed it on genetics which was not the problem. She goes to another Psychiatrist who convinces her she is bi-polar and tells the family that we are all bi-polar and need to be on medication. She has taken every psycho tropic drug there is and her life is still not better.....because she refused to take any responsibility for who she has become. The reason she did not show up for appointments is because she had breast cancer and decided to get a tummy tuck, have the other breast reduced, get her hernia fixed for the 4th time all at the same time. She did not instruct her staff to tell the truth when it all went bad and almost died and kept rescheduling appointments without ever telling patients the doctor would not be seeing them. Her mother also died in Nov. after she could not get the care she needed because Jill was demanding her mother pay her 2 thousand dollars a month after she moved out of her house because she could no longer take her daughters BS and abuse of her. By the time I found out, it was too late to help and my mother died a horrible three month long slow death. Not once did her daughter come to visit her before she died. When my brother confronted her about it, she defended herself stating "my patients and staff expect me to live a certain lifestyle." I think they just want to be treated with kindness and respect. Be warned, Jill is deeply in debt and has three mortgages and is paying her staff with credit cards. With my mom's money gone, I suspect she will find all kinds of ways to charge her patients. My brothers have disowned her. My advice, get another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

She is a wonderful Doctor... she's very personable, honest, and very knowledgable. I think the world of her.. I can't say enough about Dr. Jill Chambers...

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Was very rude and not compassionate at all. She told me my jeans were tight evrn though I had to wear a belt just to keep them up. Would not recomend.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Jill Chambers is an excellent doctor and a TRUE ADVOCATE for women! I have been going to her for years and have referred MANY women to her! She stays up on the latest research and information, and shares it with her patients. She helps her patients understand why she recommends what she does. I drive from Murfreesboro to see her...she is well worth the effort. She does take her time with each patient, and you my have to wait, but she is worth the wait! Take something to read and be patient...you will be glad you did....she will truly help you!I love her and have complete confidence in her.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

She is very harsh and talks down to you. Waiting time is way too long as well. I've no doubt she is knowledgable but she really isn't interested in taking time to listen to your issues and that really concerns me. She orders all kinds of tests($$). My problem isn't anywhere near being resolved and after a voicemail message from her when tests results came in, she frightened me and made me feel that i needed to do exactly what she said or else, even though she did say i was welcome to get another opinion. I am never going back to her and finding another doc.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012

FIrst of all, I received test results back from this office in the mail. Not only were they serious results that should have been relayed over the phone, they were also really late (as in four weeks later). The staff is extremely rude. I needed medical records faxed and the receptionist said that she only checks her email an faxes on Tuesdays. Thank goodness I am switching gynecologist offices.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Dr. Chambers has proven for me to be the best doctor for the women in my family. She did my hysterectomy and tucked my bladder at the same time. It’s been 8 years and no leakage. She takes time and listens and is highly knowledgeable in knowing if it’s diet and exercise, stress related or actual ailments in my body. My sister has battled hormone imbalance for 22 years. She was under several doctors care, they all put her on different hormones nerve medication, it caused her to be overweight even though she walked five miles a day and an emotional wreck (her words) she lived like this for 19 years until I said just go to Dr. Chambers. Because of Dr. Chamber’s knowledge of women’s health and how our body’s work, my sister’s hormones are balanced and she is now able to lose weight. I highly recommend Dr. Chambers for your overall health. She is a jewel and so is her staff who have been with her as long as I have been which says a lot about her character as well as her practice.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

Dr. Jill F. Chambers's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1974)