Ratings for Dr. Hien NGUYEN

Worst practice I've ever been to. The lack of communication from the receptionists is unbelievable. As a new patient I scheduled a checkup / cleaning. I got there & was told that I had to schedule a different appointment for a cleaning. Not once was that mentioned to me when I originally scheduled the appointment. THEN, my daughter (7) has her first appointment. I made sure she was to get checkup & cleaning in same visit. We get there & they don't have the right size films for kid's x-rays. Have to schedule ANOTHER appointment. Which brings us to today...go back for daughter's appointment. They have the child size films, I think we're good to go. Dentist even came in for checkup. Then I'm told we have to schedule a different appointment for cleaning.....YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Do not, I repeat DO NOT use this Coast Dental practice! Ridiculous!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

I had veneers front teeth done by Dr. Liz Nguyen Chao and I had excellent experience with her. Very skilled dentist. I am very pleased from her job. She is very perfectionist especially when it come to estetics of your mouth different than many dentist that do not care. Gentel hands and very professional! I like her asstistant Jannette as well. They make very good team.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

The dentist came in and said that I have gum disease (nonsense) and that I needed to do an intensive cleaning the insurance doesn't cover. Of course! They get to pocket all the cash for that. She told me it was "state law" that they can't do a standard cleaning covered by the Insurance because I need "additional work". I told her all I wanted was a teeth cleaning and if I wanted something additional I would contact them at a later time. She said she won't go "against state law". "Well if you don't want the toothbrush and all these other items on the list I can take them off". The snake oil pitch continues. I called the insurance. They said that there's no such thing as a "State Law" on this. They put me on hold, called them and the Dentist's office was back pedaling saying it's "Her Law". Straight up liars. I should have recorded it or taken the 6 o'clock news to film this. You don't know if you're receiving a real medical diagnosis or not.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011