Ratings for Dr. Gary S. Safier

Best physician I have ever had. He takes time, listens, and cares. H exemplifies what a family physician is to be. I am very lucky to have had him as a physician.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Called in the morning to get a prescription refilled. Waited all day and called several times and the prescription was never called in. If there was an issue they could have at least given me a courtesy call.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

Sandy is the rudest non-customer oriented person I've ever seen, I wish Dr. Safier would see these reviews and do something about it. He needs a succession plan. She seems to handle finance and after a year of receiving no bills, on two occasions has demanded money that wasn't due, or would not allow me to make an appointment. Linda and Vanessa are kind and attentive. Dr. Safier spends time to understand his patients, and calls at home with serious concerns. The bloodwork onsite is convenient and the staff pleasant. Yes, the wait is at times absurd, booking too many at once, but it is worth it.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr Safier is a true family doctor and has cared for my family for 13 years. He has extensive knowledge of most medical subjects, is quick to diagnose and excellent with follow up. By immediate diagnosis of some serious conditions he has served my family well and avoided delays and worsening conditions. He takes time to explain our conditions in terms we understand and is always friendly. I would thoroughly recommend Dr Safier to anyone seeking a solid GP for their family.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Although some may consider his manner a bit brusque or not very warm and friendly, he is an excellent doctor who is really concerned for his patients. Very knowledgable. I appreciate his directness.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

I have gone to Dr. Safier for many years for a variety of things. Thankfully nothing serious. Although the wait is sometimes long he does give you his attention and has been helpful and sincere.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010

Dr. Safier couldn't even read my blood screening properly. Before my blood was processed, he prescribed Zanex for "depression" because I told him I was extremely fatigued. I didn't take it. Then he told me I had the Epstien Bar virus (later found out from a specialist that it was in my "blood history" that I didn't currently have it). Then I find out from another specialist that it was an under-active thyroid--hypothyroidism. If you want any pill your heart desires, he's your man. If you want someone to really look and listen to your ailments to find the proper diagnosis, this is NOT the man. He's not even an MD he's a "DO". He's running an old person weight loss clinic, not a general practice.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

dr safier is very good.my problem is sandy she is nasty and rude and not helpful at all,she needs to go

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

I find Dr. SAFIER TO BE EXTREMELY CARING AND KNOWLEDGEABLE-I DO HAVE TO WAIT SOMETIMES BUT HE TAKES HIS TIME AND EXPLAINS EVERY THING VERY CLEARLY. HE HAS NEVER RUSHED ME. THE OFFICE STAFF IS HELPFUL AND PROFESSIONAL. HE HAS EVEN FOUGHT WITH MY INSURANCE COMPANY WHEN THEY DID NOT WANT TO COVER ONE OF MY PROCEEDURES. I RECOMMEND DR. SAFIER VERY HIGHLY.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

I'm so glad I found Dr Safier. After 8 yrs of having previous doctors do nothing but add additional Rx's every visit. He took the time to analyze my overall health situation. His weight loss program really works! In just 6 mos, he has helped me to lose 40 pounds, eliminate blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes meds... all under control... when all the other doctors would just say " you need to lose weight" that was obvious-- Not a solution. So you might have to wait a few minutes to see him, isn't it worth the time to have a caring professional on your side??? I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2008

Dr. Gary S. Safier's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1969)