Ratings for Dr. Daniel E. Wendt

All negative comments are TRUE! I am diabetic! Told him I had similar big toe ulcer several yrs. ago & had a PICC line to get IV antibiotics. After 6+ wks. total bone & skin infection gone! This jerk ignored my history & had me on oral antibiotics for THREE MONTHS! Took x-rays every 4 wks. but wouldn't let me see them or answer my questions of why I had deep pain in toe joint. Had my wife do daily bandage changes at home, weekly office visits to debride dead tissue AND dead bone. Did cultures. After 2 months he switched to 2x a month visits with daily home bandage changes. Then even had me stop antibiotics! He went on vacation. On-call doc took my urgent call of swelling & pain & rushed me in. Took another x-ray - showed ALL bone gone from last toe joint!!! Had emergency surgery to AMPUTATE my right big toe! Hopefully infection hasn't spread further up my foot!!! Could have been avoided if Dr. Wendt had done appropriate level of competent care! His hands shake, he loses his train of thought, he refuses to address my questions, and should NOT be allowed to practice medicine! Filing formal complaint with CA Med Board & seeking attorney for malpractice lawsuit! How can his staff ignore his incompetence? They must really need their jobs! Nice racquet - Dr. Gilman treats all Medicare patients, they go next door to get Coumadin bloodthinner levels checked, then go next door to Daniel Wendt for foot care - and bill Medicare for easy pickings. Don't risk your health going to this guy!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

I had bilateral bunion surgery in April 2014.. Not only was the surgery successful, I found him to be a very caring man with a great staff. I had heard such horror stories about this type of operation, none proved to be so..Great doctor, great staff!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

I had a visit with this physician in 2012. I offered my MRI to show my ankle injury which requires surgery, or undergo another MRI, his choice. He declined both, spoke to me as if I didn't know what I was talking about, and told me "quit coddling your ankle with that brace, and go to physical therapy" He simply REFUSED to look at my medical records or treat me with respect. Long story short, I had to find another podiatrist, have my surgery delayed, and now, sit here recovering as I write this over a year later. Office staff was nice enough, but this podiatrist-I would stay away from!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2013

I do not EVEN understand the negative reviews for this guy! He was SO down to earth, friendly, and did not at all rush my appointment. He explained all my options, gave me real-life advice, and had a sense of humor!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

Dr. Wendt is great and I highly recommend him. He performed surgery on my big toe two months ago, finally relieving my of pain that I have had for years. His staff is amazing, and always on time and helpful in making you comfortable. Please keep in mind that most all Doctors are pressed for time due to busy schedules. I always found Dr. Wendt very very nice on all my visits and always gave me the information I needed. Great doctor, great staff!! More than 5 stars!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

DR WENDT IS THE BEST. HE OPERATED ON BOTH MY FEET AT THE SAME TIME HE'S SO WONDERFUL AND SO IS HIS STAFF. I WAS DERIVING AFTER 5 DAYS AND HEALED PERFECTLY. I HAD ARTHRTIS AND BUNIONS. HE'S THE BEST. I HAVE REFERRED HIM NEW PATIENTS THAT LIKED HIM ALSO.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Trying to get a prescription refilled or a return call from the staff of this doctor has proven impossible. It's been 3-4 weeks and 5 calls without a return call. Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

Dr Wendt operated on my foot leaving me with pain for months. Only after I went to another Podiatrist and had a second operation correcting the mistakes of the first operation(Dr Wendt) did I get relief from my pain. My opinion is: BE VERY CAREFUL DECIDING ON LETTING THIS DOCTOR OPERATE ON YOUR FOOT!! Aslo, his bedside maner gets an F rating. He seems at times very put out to answer even the simplest question W/R to upcomming procedures.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

Dr. Wendt seemed knowledgeable but none of that mattered because his bedside manner was condescending,rude and culturally incompetent. He was dismissive, ran low on patience, and did not inspire trust. He also did not respond well to feedback. He has an excellent staff, from whom he can learn quite a lot about being respectful, kind, and collaborative with patients. They made the visits bearable, but unfortunately I will never go back to this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

This doctor has at times the bed side manner of a prison guard. One day he is nice and answers questions and on the next visit he is condescending and rude. Also, He changes his Responses to questions on diferent visits. I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Dr. Daniel E. Wendt's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1983)