Ratings for Dr. Gordon D. Davis

My first surgery for gynecological problems I was 11 years old and diagnosed with endometriosis at age 13. I have seen numerous doctors over the years and was told without a doubt I would not have children. I found Dr. Davis when I was in college and was a patient of his for many years. Dr. Davis performed surgery on me and I was very happy with my care. He was extremely patient, gentle and understanding. His office staff was also extremely helpful setting up a payment plan as I was uninsured at the time. I would recommend him to anyone with significant gynecological issues. I successfully conceived and gave birth to a healthy baby 17 years after being diagnosed with endometriosis. I credit my ability to conceive to Dr. Davis and his expertise in treating endometriosis.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr Davis is the BEST. He is kind, gentle and takes the time to help. He called me at home 3 times after my surgery. Hes staff is helpful and will call me back if I have any questions or issues. He has done 4 DC and a hystroctomy. I would not have trusted any other doctor to do this to me. HE IS THE BEST. 100% Recomend him!!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

My wife has serious endometriosis. Dr. Davis is world-renowned in his field in treating endo so you don't lose the ability to concieve. He did 2 surgeries on my wife. I'm writing this quickly because we are on our way to see him and I saw these bad reports. We were told we'd NEVER have kids. After five surgeries, we were told we were out of luck. Most surgeons did "clean-up" endo surgeries in 30 minutes. Davis took THREE HOURS. With both surgeries we concieved ONE MONTH after he did the surgeries. Absent him, we wouldn't have two children. The ultimate is when he recognized us three years later and asked where my wife was. I got to tell him, since he didn't know, that she was in the bathroom - with our three year old. I got to tell him but for him, we would have not child. My wife may get a hysterectome. The first time we consulted - he didn't start w/ an exam,-WE SPOKE FOR OVER AN HOUR IN HIS OFFICE. Then an exam.So, today we are asking his advice-hyster. Onlydocevertrst

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

This is the best doctor I have ever seen. I went to several doctors before Dr. Davis for problems with painful intercourse and none was able to correctly diagnose the problem. Dr. Davis is very caring and knowledgeable. He is a leading expert in his field.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

I have numerous gyn medical issues that are very involved and rare; I have seen many medical professionals. I had a surgery with Dr. Davis; when I showed up early for the surgery it turned out not to be in the hospital as he had said (but a smaller clinic near the hospital) and right before they put me under, he explained some sort of student would do the operation as he watched/directed. I was very upset and still am even though a few years have gone by. I have had nearly half a dozen gyn surgeries and would say the surgery with Dr. Davis was the worst experience out of them all. After the surgery, he did not even let my husband know how the surgery went (my husband told me later he was shocked that no one came out and touched base with him after the surgery). I never went back to Dr. Davis after the follow up appointment. Unfortunately, I can't recommend Dr. Davis.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Davis for twenty years. He has been the only Dr. to treat my endometriosis successfuly. Although he may not be "on time" he takes the time with his patients to educate, diagnose, treat, etc. in office as opposed to sending a patient elsewhere for diagnostic tests. Because of this he is worth the extra time in the waiting room - just about everything is handled on site!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2007

He's one of top specialists in the country concerning vulvar disease. Always prompt, always kind, and ready to answer any questions. If you have been diagnosed with vulvar vestibulitis, this is the doctor to see.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2007

I was referred to Dr Davis seven years ago because of a lab report of Melenoma Canceer in the vaginal area. I have been under his car since then and at present am free of cacer. Dr Davis is a very plesent,knowledgable and caaring man. The best Doctor I have seen. I owe my life to him

flag | Submitted April 27, 2007

He is the worst gyn. I have ever seen! He is always hours late and very insensitive to teh needs of hhis patients. He even did a D & C surgery on me in his office without anesthetic. It was barbarbaric and very painful. I will never forget that pain! He is a bad Dr.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2006

Dr. Gordon D. Davis's Credentials

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)