Ratings for Dr. Darren M. Allcock

I have a complicated clinical presentation. Dr. Allcock has always been on top of everything for me. He is one of the most compassionate and caring doctors I have ever worked with. I initially saw him for my diabetes management but then I developed thyroid issues. He took a lot of time to educate me on my disease, what my treatment options were and helped walk me through the process. He has managed my thyroid condition expertly and with great care. I know a lot of patients like to "practice medicine" before they ever show up to the doctor's office and then don't like physicians who won't do exactly what they say. Dr. Allcock is not this type of doctor. I trust him with the management of my care. He has always done a wonderful job, been very professional, knowledgeable and thorough with my care. I have been involved in health care since 1988 and been to many physicians I would take any family member or friend to see Dr. Allcock. He's a great man and a great doctor.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I had read the previous review, and I went in with a sack FULL of skepticism. Well, I don't know WHO they were talking about, but it was NOT the man that I met today. He had a lot of my past records of the "ISSUES" I've been through with my autoimmune hyperthyroidism, and was quite sympathetic and understanding. Now, one of the prior reviews stated that he was totally against prescribing Cytomel, which is what I have been using for over 10 years. There is a newer formulation on the market, so he has asked me to try it. But he also promised that if I start having any of the complications I had with the T4 preparations I had tried before, all I need to do is call him, and he will switch me back. That's all I asked for. He's a great guy. Don't believe the bad reviews. It's like the only the people who aren't satisfied at a restaurant...they're usually the only ones who write reviews. I'm here to try to even the score. DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I spent a long time discussing my thyroid issues with his nurse before I went for first and only appointment, she said he was qualified to handle my in depth issues. He didn't care at all how I felt and went entirely by TSH. Ignoring my feelings and not really responding just telling me I could go see a specialist somewhere else, he said he was unqualified. As an Endo, he should know about the entire endocrine system. No matter what I explained he just quoted my TSH and told he doesn't ever prescribe Cytomel and doesn't believe in Armour Thyroid but would prescribe it as if he was doing a favor to me. He told me he has never heard of anyone being unable to take synthroid. After being to at least 20 endos, this was one of the worst. Despite medical documentation, it seemed irrational to explain something and be told I was wrong with no explanation. Gave up on showing him the medical documentation, seemed worthless to try and convince him otherwise. I cannot recommend him in any way.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

Dr. Darren M. Allcock's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2006)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal