Ratings for Dr. William Portuese

Dr. Portuese and his staff are life changers. I read a lot of reviews, visited other surgeons, and felt confident, once I met Dr. Portuese, that he was the best, and this has proven true. I had a very successful rhinoplasty, it was much smoother and easier that I imagined, and his staff has been friendly and welcoming from day 1 through my follow-up visits. Dr. Portuese is more than a skilled doctor. His kindness, ability to listen and care for his patients are outstanding. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

Dr. Portuese is a gifted artist. He goes above and beyond the surgical, filling in that gray area between millimeters and perfection. He performed a septoplasty, in combination with a rhinoplasty, to reshape a nasal deformity, remove bone spurs and repair a badly bent nose. One of the factors I considered in selecting him was experience. He has had over twenty years to perfect his craft, and has an impressive portfolio of surgical successes on his website. (I’m sorry, but I’m not trusting my health to someone who’s just starting out - it must be diificult for new surgeons). Dr. Portuese is board-certified, an instructor at UW, and president of the Washington chapter of facial plastic surgeons, which were all qualifications that gave me that warm fuzzy. We came up with a game plan before my procedure, used computer imaging to create the desired results, and discussed post operative care. The actual surgery felt like I was in and out, with an expert team of nurses and anesthesiologists. It was about six days before I went out in public after surgery, after the brace came off, and even then, it wasn’t super noticeable. In about a month, I was working out, scuba diving and doing everything I enjoyed before the operation - and breathing about fifty percent better through my nose. I can sleep on my back now. To top it all off, it looks even better than before. Dr. Portuese says it takes about a year before you see the final results, but I am already immensely pleased. On top of everything else, Dr. Portuese is a nice guy. He won’t recommend a procedure you don’t need. A couple years prior to this operation, I came in and asked if he thought a facelift was I order. He said “No, but come back in ten years and we can talk about it then.” That’s integrity.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Dr Portuese & his team were amazing & professional

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

Dr Portuese and his staff are incredible! I couldn't be happier with my experience and my results! My new nose is beyond all my expectations.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Dr. Portuese did my face lift and upper and lower eyelid surgery when i was 58. At 72, i'm consistently told that i look 15 years younger, and I owe it to the skill of Dr. Portuese. I chose surgery because, for me, the aging process was a betrayal of sorts: how i looked wasn't congruent with how i felt. Aging is challenging and tricky enough without looking tired when i felt fine. Here's the other thing: Dr. Portuese didn't try to "upsell" me; at the comsultation, he simply asked why i was there, and then kindly helped me to see options. I felt supported and heard. The surgery was the most thoughtful gift i could have ever given myself, and Dr.Portuese saw to it that it was successful. Thank you, Dr. P!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Wonderful experience! The entire staff as well as Dr. Portuese made me feel very safe and comfortable. The outcome of my surgery exceeded my expectations. I am so happy I chose Dr. Portuese to perform my facelift! I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone choosing facial cosmetic surgery.

Submitted March 2, 2017

Outstanding doctor and staff. Dr. Portuese runs a top notch clinic. All staff from reception, OR nurse, recovery nurse, and the team of anesthesiologists he uses are at the top of their field. Very happy with the outcome of my surgery. I had both an upper eyelift and facelift. My husband had these same procedures done about 5 years and was so satisfied with the results, that I did not hesitate at all about choosing Dr. Portuese.

Submitted February 6, 2017

I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Portuese, who performed my rhinoplasty and did a wonderful job. Dr. Portuese was professional and competent, and the operation was both successful and seamless. He takes care of his patients before, during, and after treatment, and I felt like I was in very good hands for the entire experience. I love my new nose!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

From the friendly staff and the doctor himself, to the care and attention during my surgery, to all the follow-up love and attention: I simply couldn't have asked for anything more or better. I found Dr. Portuese to have the best online album of photos. Other providers in the state (and I even checked nearby states) had some I liked and some I didn't, some that shouldn't have been changed in my opinion, some that changed too much, that sort of thing. In Dr. Portuese's gallery, every single one of the chin implants was an upgrade to me, and each looked natural. I booked my appointment, found him personable and friendly, and liked his suggestions for my augmentation. And get this - I asked his artistic opinion on if I should have cheek implants too - and he said that while my face would definitely be served by a chin implant as mine was quite receded, he didn't think I needed cheek implants. He actually turned down making money off me in order to be honest about what he thought my face needed. This is of CRUCIAL IMPORTANCE in a practitioner performing elective surgeries! The surgery itself was unremarkable, which is exactly what you want surgery to be. :) The only painful part was the lidocaine injections. I found the odd scraping sound (when he was separating the periosteum from the bone) so utterly alien that I giggled through most of it. At my first look in the mirror afterwards, I actually gasped - my face looked balanced for the first time, and I immediately loved it, even swollen. Healing was also happily unremarkable - it was tough to eat for a few days, but I didn't need pain meds past the first day, and everything went as my packet of information had detailed it would go. I just had my final follow-up visit today for the "after" shots, and I'm so utterly overjoyed with my chin that I had to write him a review. My face is balanced in the exact same way represented in all of Dr. Portuese's online photos, in the way I found so aesthetically pleasing when I started researching half a year ago. It looks completely natural and fits me perfectly. I've become one of his upgrades. :) To Dr. Portuese and his entire staff - I said it about a hundred times in the office, but I'll say it again for the entire internet to hear: I LOVE MY NEW CHIN & YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. Thank you so, so much! <3

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Dr. Portuese really is an artist, in addition to being one of the best plastic surgeons in the pacific northwest - one of the reasons I chose him to perform my rhinoplasty. I couldn't be happier with my new nose! My dorsal hump is removed, and my new nose really does seem to enhance my other facial features. My experience with Dr. P and his staff far exceeded my expectations and I now have the nose I've always wanted!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Dr. William Portuese's Credentials

• Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 73190 (Grad. 1985)