Ratings for Dr. Darrell R. Brown

some years back I had a worst ever experience with this Dr, had gone to him for 4 years and thought him to be very good, then I got SICK, went to emergency with what Dr. Brown thought to be a heart attack, ordered meds appropriate for symptoms, thats when the fun began, not a heart attack, problem was hard to determine, many tests were done, Dr Brown called in three other specialists to have a look see, had blood tranfusions plus platelets, after three days a nurse told my husband I needed to be transferred to Mesa ASAP, a great team of Drs found the problem to be internal bleeding from the liver, in hospital two weeks, sent home with instructions of bed rest, a week later bent over and could not breath, back to Dr. Brown, he ordered chest X-rays which showed something????? told my husband to put me in the car and take me back to Mesa.....a blood clot in lungs, another ten days in hospital, sent home with still a threat of internal bleeding, but yet had to take Warfrin....Dr. Brown refused to monitor the INRs required for warfrin, and when contacted by the Coumiden clinic for authorization allowing them to monitor it, he refused, told me this was a life threatning situation, well??????

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

as a nurse, there is no other dr i trust more than dr. brown, he is knowledgeable, helpful, and a caring doctor, the wait can be long but it is worth it.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2010

If you like long waits then this doctor is for you. On more than a few occasions, I was the first appointment of the day and saw him arrive very late to the office. If you don't have the first appointment you will wait sometimes hours to see him. Just like some of the other patients who rated him said, he rushes through the appointment. It's like an assembly line and afterwards you feel like there were issues that weren't addressed. I don't recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

I agrre with all the above. Waited 3 hrs one day!! Why you ask because I was hospitalized because of his misdiagnosis and needed to see him, he never once addressed the wait or apologised. He is always rushed, doesn't listen. doesn't follow through. Told his nurse one day to give me some antacid from the cupboard, never told her what to give and acted surprised when I told him next time that I was taking an antacid. There are much better doc's out there so take your tie and rethink this guy

flag | Submitted February 16, 2009

Correct spelling of his name is "Darryl". The best doctor I have seen in over 10 years!!! He is busy, but all "GREAT" doctors are. If you want someone to fill your narcotic prescriptions without questions, THIS IS NOT THE DOCTOR FOR YOU. He cares, he does listen, he tries very hard to always have a smile for you, he is very warm and comforting and his MA Deanna is great too. If you want a miracle worker, seek God, if you want a GREAT doctor seek Dr. Darryl Brown. I think a lot of the previous ratings are from "snowbirds" (people who come to Arizona in the winter time, because their home state is unbearable), unfortunately we "locals" have to wait a long time to see Dr. Brown too, when the elderly are in town, but he is worth the wait! Can’t say enough about him – we are getting transferred and I really, really wish I could take him with me!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2008

Always late, always hurried, poor notes and memory. Forgets to followup. No continuity. Refers you to another Dr. then forgets to followup.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2008

very good noligable doctor, office staff not friendly, and ruid. most of the time.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2007

I was once hospitalized a few years ago under the care of Dr. Brown. This is when I gained a new respect for him, and all doctors. Before he started his day at the office, he would come and check on me. During his lunch, he came and checked on me. After his day at the office, he came and checked on me. He sometimes is rushed, but that is because so many patients want to see him. He will take the time to listen and help get to the root of the problem if you ask him. The only other doctor who I have had such good care and attention from is another doctor at the same office, Dr. Parkin. I would highly recommend either to anyone, and I find all the staff at the office competent and caring.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2007

Worst doctor I have ever seen. Incorrectly diagonosed me, did not follow up on labs, prescribed wrong dose of medication. Seems rushed, but could hear him shooting the breeze in the hallway.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2007

Go to someone else. He is extremely rushed during Dr. visits. Doesn't take time to listen to all your symptoms. Forgets to order lab work/other diagnostic services. Extremely long wait times 1-2 hours typical.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2007

Dr. Darrell R. Brown's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Casa Grande, AZ