Ratings for Dr. Samuel J. Porter

Dr. Porter was always late to his office/appointments. Was late to my last labor and ended up getting a ceserian cection for a raptured uterus. 19 months later my new obgyn called for reason of c-section and he had on his notes for failure to progress when that is completely incorrect. Rude Dr. And should retire.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

Awful experience... Wish I never went there! Unprofessional practice! The dr. Is unable to provide basic information and answer question. He is very full of himself and is more interested in talking about himself more then taking care of his patients. He never gave me a chance to ask any questions, always rushing me out even after I waited over an hour to see him. The practice is outdated and there are no nurses on staff. He uses his receptionist who is a medical assistant at best, to supervise his procedures. I don't know how he managed to maintain his medical license for as long as he has but unprofessional people like him should never be Working with pregnant woman or delivering babies. He should have retired long ago, because he obviously hates his profession and only does this to make money, not to help people! I will be contacting the medical board because at his age he is defiantly displaying signs of diminished mental capacity... That is very dangerous and puts his patients In danger!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

As my GYN, I appreciated that he took the time to take my history personally and answer all my questions. However, my experience with him during my pregnancy was unsatisfactory. He is an older doctor, very set in his ways, and while I think he is probably competent, he was very inflexible about anything that wasn't his way of doing things. There were a couple instances of VERY messed up communication. Once I called with a question and instead of answering on the phone, he told me "come in right away", and made me come in to tell me in person I was fine, which scared me needlessly (besides, I have a job! and I'm not a child). Then I had an abnormal measurement, and it was like pulling teeth to find out if I needed additional tests. My husband asked again at our last visit, and right after that he sent me a letter telling me he wouldn't treat me any more! Just because we advocated for my proper care. If you are proactive in your care, as you should be, he is not the dr. for you.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2008

Dr. Samuel J. Porter's Credentials

• Hungarian

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1967)